Comenius University, Slovakia - what's it like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magnate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am an English student looking to study medicine in Europe.

Can any one comment on these questions in relation to courses taught in English at Comenius University, Slovakia?

• How good are the lecturers?
  • Are they easy to understand?
  • How good is the library?
  • How good is the IT?
  • What size are the classes?
  • How many British students enroll each year?
  • What are the halls of residence like?
  • How long does it take to get from the halls of residence to the lecture theatres?
  • What percentage of the exams are oral, not written?
  • What’s it like overall?

Thanks!

Magnate :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I did a year at Comenius so i´ll try and answer your questions.

Most lecturers were good and understanding them wasn´t a problem.
When i was there they didn´t have a proper library. It was a little room with some books and computers. Dont know if that has changed now.
Classes, especially the first and second year, are big. If you´re going into first year there will be at least 60 other students in your year.
There are some, but not many, british students there. Most students at Comenius are norwegian, arab or greek.
No one i knew stayed in halls as it isn´t close to uni so i cant comment on them.
All exams are oral, for some of them (biochemistry, microbiology etc) you have to take a multiple choice test before in order to go the oral part of the exam.
Overall, most students i know there like the university.

Hope this helps!

I would seriously not recommend Comenius, the study department which deals with foreign students ( i.e english programme) are unprofessional, and do not even speak good enough English to communicate.

I have couple of friends (and Abdulla is one of them) who told me, that his friends from Bratislava recommended him to go to Kosice instead :) So maybe this is way you can consider. He is now really satisfied in Kosice :)