COMLEX CE scoring, experimental section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDoctorM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows about how the CE is graded. One of my colleagues told me that they take out 1 of the 8 sections, which serves as an experimental questions section..

My problem is, I definitely remember spending a lot of time on one such section because the questions did not make sense... but that caused me to not have enough time for the last section of the exam.. where I ended up guessing on a lot of questions 2/2 the time restraint. It just seems weird that they would do this because the experimental section would have ended up really hurting my score and wasting the time I spent on it, which could have been used better elsewhere.. Can anyone confirm this for me? this would really change my test taking strategy.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing that can be confirmed is that there may be some experimental questions on the exam. It doesn't mean a whole block is experimental, and there's no point trying to figure it out, because you'll never know for sure, so it's not like you'd be confident enough to skip a whole block.

The best strategy is to always briefly try to answer the question, guess if you can't confidently answer, mark it, and come back to it later if you have time. There are going to be harder questions and easier ones. The last thing you want to do is spend too much time on harder ones and not have enough time left to read or answer the easier ones.