About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMLEX III - How long til results?

Discussion in 'Step III' started by Idiopathic, May 15, 2006.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted Lifetime Donor

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Any experience with results from Step III and the computer? Are they taking 6 weeks or less?
  2. navyneurosx

navyneurosx New Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I took the exam on 21april and called the nbome today to inquire when the pall/fail status would be prumulgated on the website. I was told that it would be sometime next week -- nothing more specific.
  3. navyneurosx

navyneurosx New Member

Resident [Any Field]
    sorry.... promulgate
  4. DOtobe

DOtobe

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Mine took 6 weeks. It seems like they are releasing the scores month by month. All of the March exams were released at the end of April.
  5. MeaCulpa

MeaCulpa Run and do not grow weary

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Idiopathic did you already take step 3?
  6. Aloha Kid

Aloha Kid Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Took the exam yesterday.

I really like the computer format and the fact its only 400 questions and 1 day vs. an 800 long 2 day session.

Overall, I thought the exam was way too focused on certain areas. I know the exams are probably computer randomized. But I seriously thought at least 20% of my test was on OB/GYN. I cannot see the validity of a test like this in asessing an interns overall knowledge.

Again, the same issues as the previous tests repeat itself. Some questions are totally (What in the world?) while others are give me.

OMM is tested and believe it or not I got a few questions not limited to the 2 high yeild pages in Savareses.

Sorry I can't go into too much detail. Don't want the NBOME to ding me and flunk me for being too revealing.

I used Crush, NSM USMLE questions, Savareses. Expecting result in 6 weeks.
  7. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted Lifetime Donor

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Not yet.
  8. Teufelhunden

Teufelhunden 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Physician Navy SDN 10+ Year Member
    Most of the people I know have gotten their results back in 3-4 weeks.

n = 4 so, not sure if this is typical or not
  9. macman

macman Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    As of last monday my results were avail. online (took exam 4/20), got my paper results last friday. It is good to see the NBOME making some postive steps. The computer exam and 1 month turn around on results is nice. The 'ol paper and pencil for 2 days really 'blew'. I cannot figure out how they grade that thing though, it seems the worse I felt I did on each step, the better my score. I had to pretty much guess like crazy on OB/Peds, and it seemed like there was not enough IM for my liking. The questios still need a quality upgrade, but that is not news. I DID write comments like crazy and I encourage others to do the same. I can tell you they did not hold it against me either. I used NMS, first aid, DMU OMM notepool ('clinical' lectures), and the platinum vignettes for ob, peds, psych. IMHO the platinum vignettes are the most time efficient and underated series around (and some now out of print!). Please PM with if any soon to be takers have ?'s regarding prep, etc.