COMLEX III Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbrec1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. For anyone who recently took the COMLEX III would it be ok if I took the exam before residency starts? I just want to pass the exam and get it over with so I can pay attention to intern year. I am not going into internal medicine, OBGYN, peds etc. so I don't know if I will learn much in residency for the exam. My plan is to read a review book, finish combank and comquest so I can take the exam as soon as possible before intern year starts. Do you think if I just do those 2 question banks + read that I will have enough to pass? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. For anyone who recently took the COMLEX III would it be ok if I took the exam before residency starts? I just want to pass the exam and get it over with so I can pay attention to intern year. I am not going into internal medicine, OBGYN, peds etc. so I don't know if I will learn much in residency for the exam. My plan is to read a review book, finish combank and comquest so I can take the exam as soon as possible before intern year starts. Do you think if I just do those 2 question banks + read that I will have enough to pass? Thank you.

Depends on how you did on the other steps. COMLEX III is fairly similar to II with a little more focus on management and a little less on diagnosis (but still there). Cards, respiratory, GI, rheumatology; peds; ob will be the big areas. Review ID, including most common etiologies and empiric treatment regimes.