COMLEX Level III Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyxh1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I'm on my second month of intern year and the rotation I am on is very relaxed. I was contemplating studying for the level III and taking it early just so I could be done with the exam. I found the level II exam to be harder than level I as the resources for it were more sparse and I fear that the same will be true for level III. Honestly, juggling intern year and having time to study for the level III seems like a formidable task.

Is it true that you can study about 1 month(and only a few hours a day) for the level III and pass the exam? People would say similar things about the level II but I know I probably spent around 4 months studying for level II(and my score was worse than for level I) . I still have to buy a Qbank and I'm wondering whether Combank or Comquest would be the better choice. I already have MTB Step 3 that I had bought last year when studying for the level II. So is Savarese, MTB Step 3, Combank/Comquest, and 1 month all you need to pass this test?

I'm also a Psychiatry intern and know that my year will get much harder after this month. If I don't take the exam by early October I would say that I won't have relatively easier rotations until May/June. At the same time I feel like I have forgotten a lot of my med school knowledge and I wonder if rushing this exam is a good idea..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an intern as well and took mine in July. I recommend getting it done. It's very similar to level 2. I spent 8 weeks studying for it. The last 4 weeks were during and easy rotation. You only need a 350 to pass. Might as well get it done while you still have some of that knowledge from level 2 in your head.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an intern as well and took mine in July. I recommend getting it done. It's very similar to level 2. I spent 8 weeks studying for it. The last 4 weeks were during and easy rotation. You only need a 350 to pass. Might as well get it done while you still have some of that knowledge from level 2 in your head.

Thanks so much for your response! Do you mind sharing what resources you used? It'll give me a better idea of what to focus on. For Qbanks did you use combank or comquest?

Thanks so much for your response! Do you mind sharing what resources you used? It'll give me a better idea of what to focus on. For Qbanks did you use combank or comquest?

I used uworld, DIT, and combank. I like using uworld to actually learn and combank to just get use to how they test and the omm questions. I would pay close attention to omm and ethics questions. Hopefully I passed. I'll find out in a few weeks.