~~~~ COMLEX PE FAIL TWICE ~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctd123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I failed my comlex PE the first time around march. it's funny because I actually walked out of that one thinking i did well. the gave me a poor on humanism. then i sat down with the head of the omm department and they had me go through an OSCE where the the dean and 2 others physicians watched me do it. They went through the whole thing and to sum it up, the changes they told me to were to stop crossing my legs of which I crossed in every single patient since thats how i hold up the soap note to write. secondly, i was told to speak a little slower and maybe give a little bit more eye contact (even though I felt like i did). The school knows me to be a pretty out going person and were shocked to find out i failed. I literally had meeting in front of 8 of the doctors and i straight up told them i really didn't think i failed. I have actually never failed a test or class ever up to this point. So i practice studying again. did like around 30 of the cases on comlex pe book, practiced on a friend, and even watched like 2-3 of the vids online. I go to chicago for my second one instead of conshaw for my retake. this time around i walked out even more confident. I felt like i engaged the pt more. I greeted them, wash my hands, draped, listen through their skin. I touched them when necessary. Asked them permission before i do the exam. I literally did everything i have been doing. I spent all 14 minutes on all patients and never left early like i had in the first test. I asked them about their hobbies. and explained the plan fully. I really felt like i treated them for their concerns.... i get my results this morning and fail on humanism. I really swear i am being cheated. I keep telling my school if they were able to watch the vids of me on either of my exams, they would really see that there's something seriously wrong with this test. Now i have another meeting again and now i risk my residencies and have to explain myself. Maybe I am doing something wrong. i dont even know at this point....

Members don't see this ad.

Holy cow you are blowing my mind. I've never heard of something like this and that's pretty concerning. I feel really bad for you in that humanism part since you seemed confident.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile