Committee Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jh778jh778

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My undergrad institution did not offer a committee letter, but fortunately my post-bacc institution does. I plan on using the committee letter function, but I'm still a little lost on how it works for admissions committees. Many schools require a biology letter (specifically Tufts). Do I need to include a biology letter into the committee letter package when I'm collecting letters for the committee letter?

I plan on asking my professors in genetics and biochemistry, research PI, and dentist for letters of recommendation, which will be included in the committee letter package. I was wondering if I should ask a general biology professor as well to satisfy the biology requirement. Also would biochemistry be sufficient if some schools ask for biology, chemistry and physics letters of recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

My undergrad institution did not offer a committee letter, but fortunately my post-bacc institution does. I plan on using the committee letter function, but I'm still a little lost on how it works for admissions committees. Many schools require a biology letter (specifically Tufts). Do I need to include a biology letter into the committee letter package when I'm collecting letters for the committee letter? yes. all you would have to do is to tell your committee to include it.

I plan on asking my professors in genetics and biochemistry, research PI, and dentist for letters of recommendation, which will be included in the committee letter package. I was wondering if I should ask a general biology professor as well to satisfy the biology requirement.genetics and biochem would count as bio coursesAlso would biochemistry be sufficient if some schools ask for biology, chemistry and physics letters of recommendation? you should probably call the schools. i actually don't know of any school that requires a chemistry or physics letter of rec. compile a list of schools that you'd want to apply to and contact each school or visit each website. all of the info is on there.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]