Communication with program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ari202

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it normal to not here anything from the PD's before we start in July. I only talk to the PC for paperwork and the chief for schedules. But so far, other than a welcome letter which was from the PC, I haven't heard much from the guy.

I was just wondering if this is typical, or if maybe the PD maybe doesn't like me j/k . Should I send a letter saying how happy I am to be part of the team?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, normal.
I sent a happy congratulatory email on Match Day, but it's the PCs who make sure you have contracts and who make out the schedules, etc.
Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to spending more time with you all after July 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok that's nice. I never even received a congratulatory e-mail, just a letter in the mail asking me to accept or not accept the offer.

I was just worried that it was a sign that the PD is not invested in our education and the lack of supervision, support we would receive. But I guess its not and its just that PD's are very busy people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just worried that it was a sign that the PD is not invested in our education and the lack of supervision, support we would receive.
Let's pretend this were true. What could you do about it now anyway?

Let's pretend this were true. What could you do about it now anyway?

No use in pretending its true without having been through it. There is nothing one can do when you are a resident, you must work and learn on your own unless someone wants to teach. If your program is worth its weight, it will teach, if not, then you will have to learn by making mistakes and getting yelled at.