Community College max. credit hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matty675

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean when dental schools say they will only accept 60 credits from a CC? My associates degree took 62 credits to earn, so does that mean I am not allowed to apply? I will of course have a BS from my state university by the time I matriculate.

Members don't see this ad.

I only have 8 pre-req credits from CC as most of them are Gen Ed credits. So when they say 60 credits, they are referring to pre-reqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied this year with 65 community college credits while in my senior year if my bachelors and was accepted to this falls class. Check the guide to DS for what the schools you're planning to apply to accept. You probably won't ever hear anything about it assuming you did well in your CC classes

I guess I'm still confused about the 60 credit limit of some schools though. Is the 60 credits just referring to pre-requisite courses or all courses total?

The way I understand it I that they will recognize upto 60 credits of coursework from a community college when considering your application whether it be prerequisites or whatever. The only time I think it would ever be a problem would be in the unlikely event that wou had say 65 hours of prerequisites from the cc. They would want you to retake the extra 5 hours at a university