Community College Remedial Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oliver242

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I went to community college for 3 years before transferring to a UC school and during my time at the CC I started my math sequence at intermediate algebra which was a course that was not transferable to a 4 year. It was just a prerequisite to start trig or college algebra which were the first transferable math courses offered at my CC. I had a lot of trouble with intermediate algebra having to take it twice..first time receiving a D the second time receiving a B. After intermediate algebra my math courses went fine I finished up to Calc 2 with A's and B's. My question is when my gpa is calculated for MD/DO schools will the remedial intermediate algebra course be counted in the calculation? When I transferred to UC it wasn't counted in my gpa because it was remedial course and just used as a prerequisite. Thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it will be counted. And it is true that DO allows for grade replacement.

Yes, it will be counted. And it is true that DO allows for grade replacement.
Would the upward trend of grades and overall gpa make a difference in how my retaking of these courses are viewed? s