comparing 3 options....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmElder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, right now i am looking at 3 schools: Pacific, Midwestern-Glendale, and South. i would just like to hear what everyone thinks between these three. I have gone back and forth for a while now lol. there are pros/cons and just wanted some input.

I am from SoCal so they are all pretty far away, so location isnt a big deal, except arizona is really hot and georgia is really humid in the summer and the sun doesnt really exist in oregon lol but all that doesnt matter. i know they are all 3 year programs, so i dont have to worry about that. I really got a good feel about south and pacific from the faculty and students at the interview but i am hesitant towards pacific's curriculum (not sure the 90% pass/fail is for me). Midwestern has a nice campus/facilities, but at the interview it didnt feel like they were trying to sell the school to me (ie no pharm students to talk to) and it starts 3 weeks after graduation....harsh (although south is only a week after that lol).

So any advice/input would be great, just want to hear what others have to say. I am leaning towards south right now. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If 3 weeks is enough recovery time, then I would recommend MWU-CPG. 90% to pass at Pacific puts a lot of unreasonable stress and Georgia is too far away.

However, just go to the one you like the best.

I wouldn't make weather a factor in which 3 year program you choose. I'm in a 3 year program and I spent the majority of my summer inside studying so you really needn't let the weather be your deciding factor. I would choose based on other things the quality and style of the program and is it an area of the country that you want to live in..big vs small cities..etc

Members don't see this ad :)
asdf

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone. I just put down my deposit for South University! Tough decision but I know it is the right one for me.

Thanks for the input everyone. I just put down my deposit for South University! Tough decision but I know it is the right one for me.

congrats and good choice. savannah is awesome and has lots of things to do. I also think the dress code at south is classy and the people there are great...i hope to be attending fall 2010 so wish me look!.....congrats!

I'm in the same boat except with South. I'm debating it but the truth is that @ South, there's plenty of things to do to deal with the stress of the 3 year program. Its small but you have access to everything. I got to check out Tybee Island and its 20 mins away and you get a beach. For me, I'll need some place to go and destress and that could be it. I dont know about Pacific, but south you do have options for rotations out of state (I'm gonna aim for the John Hopkins one!) but I hear pacific gives you your own patient to work with in a nursing home? I'm not sure about the pacific info...anyone care to confirm?

tybee is nice, but good luck trying to "get away" there in the summer.....its PACKED....try going to cumberland island its a lot more peaceful...congrats!

I had the same predicament as everybody here and actually wasted 2 deposits for schools that accepted me earlier. But I rather lose that money and go to South because of many factors. First, the great environment with lots of malls and internship opportunities. I also love to be somewhere with a beach so I can go to relieve some of the the stress from school. Next, I compared South's curriculum with the other 3 years school and I must say that it is the least scary one. Finally, what really attracted me is the option to do your rotations anywhere in the country because I plan on going to chicago, san francisco, and boston since I have relatives there. I can essentially stay with them and see which city is the best place to settle after graduation.