Comparison between DAT and OAT scores

PoopyFaceTomatoNose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this side of the forums. I'm strongly considering switching from pre-dent to pre-opt. I have already taken the DAT, and know it is very similar to the OAT. Is there a way I can easily convert the score for certain subject areas over and see where I would stand? If anyone has taken both the tests and could offer advice I would appreciate it. I know the OAT has the physics section and lacks a PAT section so that part is a wash, but from my understanding the other aspects (bio, ochem, gen chem, and quant) would translate fairly well.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just like to second this request for a comparison of scores just because I am curious. I have read elsewhere that the test questions are nearly identical in content and difficulty. The part where they won't compare well is how the scores are standardized. Perhaps if you took DAT practice tests from Kaplan you could try and take your raw score and then use the score conversion sheet in the back of the Kaplan OAT book to get a rough estimate. There is also a score conversion sheet at the end of the OAT practice test found on the ada.org website.

It would probably be safer to just take a practice OAT, that way you don't have to worry about the accuracy of your conversion. You could just take the one available on the ADA website.

I didn't take both tests, but I used only DAT study material (i.e. Kaplan) to prepare for my OAT and got a pretty decent score. For the physics section, I just reviewed what I learned in first year physics of university.
Also, the reason I used DAT material was because it was available for free at my library..

I just reviewed what I learned in first year physics of university.
QwqhZC