Compilation of 2015 MCAT Preliminary Percentiles, and Practice Exam Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xenith

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting this everywhere. I think it deserves its own thread considering the work we have put into it and the interest people have shown.

mcatjelly and I compiled data on final scores, preliminary percentiles, the AAMC full length, and company exams in the following google doc. Please check it out and give us feedback! Also, if your information is missing or incorrect, please edit it!

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE! The embedded sheet will make this thread very slow if it is quoted.

Also, click this >link< to open in a new window (especially useful for mobile devices)!

PS: Can this be stickied?

PSS: For scores after July Here is a link to the form, and here is a link to the new spreadsheet. Thanks to mcatjelly!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 users
This is amazing! This is some great work. I hope this can continue to grow as more people take the new exam. I'll definitely add my information once I take the MCAT.

Is wonko's preliminary percentile for the psych/soc section wrong? The range he received for that section was 58-73rd percentile, but for the actual he ended up with 129(93rd percentile). That would be insane if that were real and would make me really optimistic about my May percentiles, but I find that hard to believe.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Chemstudent, Wonko's preliminary was added incorrectly. It has now been fixed. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone sticky this bad boy up!

wish there was a full range of scores

Reactions: 1 users
If May scores correlate to percentiles in the same way as April scores, I think I will get
C/P 129(93%)/85-100%
CARS 127(81%)/76-91%
B/B 128(87%)/82-97%
P/S 126(66%)/61-76%

Total 510(83%)/82-92%

Just so you know, the numbers in the parentheses when I have you my scores were the percentiles. I'm having trouble editing on mobile, but yeah...

Yup! We labeled the headings with units, but honestly people can use common sense.

Searching.jpeg

Not sure if I should take this exam tomorrow. Got a 498 on the last test I took this past Wednesday. Is that a good score for the exam? I'm really lost. :(

This is great!

I updated mine.

Thanks for compiling this, on behalf of stressed-out premeds everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if I should take this exam tomorrow. Got a 498 on the last test I took this past Wednesday. Is that a good score for the exam? I'm really lost. :(

I had two friends who seemed stuck around the 498 range. Out of about 7 tests between them only one of them broke a 500 once and it was barely at a 501 or 502. Their prelim range average was about ~78-81% which is a 30ish. Both were first time takers of the MCAT and were happy with their scores.

Last edited:
upload_2015-6-18_11-43-50.png

n=19 aka it means nothing
90-100a = 85-100% in all four sections
90-100b = 85-100% in three sections
90-100c = 85-100% in two sections

* More data points and errors will be updated later (depending on how fast my cells in lab grow...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hi Xenith,

Would you mind changing "MadsMikkelsen" (under May/June examinations) to my username? I entered the info before creating this account. Thanks!

It won't let me insert rows to do this, but it would be great if we could organize the entries with the highest score first. And maybe color-code with red for 90-100 and all 85-100, and a different shade for 90-100 and 1 or more NON 85-100 percentile. As it is it looks like everyone in red has the same percentiles, and they don't. Would be particularly helpful for people who scored 90-100 and want an estimate of their score based on their section percentiles.

I'm an organization freak, what can I say.

Edit: Looks like if you add an entry, you have to add it to the bottom. Easy fix would be to allow people to insert rows to enter their scores where it fits.

Hi carpediem22, I actually froze the completed fields to prevent trolling. I ended up sorting them by the total preliminary percentile because I too am interested in finding a trend. I will go ahead and sort by total score. What I noticed is that everyone with a 85-100 ended up with a 129+ on a section. So, if you have all sections 85-100, your minimum score is 516!

Can someone statistically analyze the data for this? Hypothesis: 85-100 preliminary range for any section results in a 129+ in that section. @happyhippo1958 @libertyyne

Last edited:
Hi carpediem22, I actually froze the completed fields to prevent trolling. I ended up sorting them by the total preliminary percentile because I too am interested in finding a trend. I will go ahead and sort by total score. What I noticed is that everyone with a 85-100 ended up with a 129+ on a section. So, if you have all sections 85-100, your minimum score is 516!

Can someone statistically analyze the data for this? Hypothesis: 85-100 preliminary range for any section results in a 129+ in that section. @happyhippo1958 @libertyyne

Should probably wait until May scores are out to do any statistics. Sample size is way too small right now.

I don't trust whoever that HopkinsTea(R) person is on the sheet...I feel like he's trying to steal my identity.

BTW I just did a quick tally. Out of the 38 instances of 85-100 in the preliminary percentile, all 38 resulted in a final section score of 129+ (93 percentile).

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting this everywhere. I think it deserves its own thread considering the work we have put into it and the interest people have shown.

mcatjelly and I compiled data on final scores, preliminary percentiles, the AAMC full length, and company exams in the following google doc. Please check it out and give us feedback! Also, if your information is missing or incorrect, please edit it!

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE! The embedded sheet will make this thread very slow if it is quoted.

Also, click this >link< to open in a new window (especially useful for mobile devices)!

PS: Can this be stickied?

thats really cool but i think there needs to be macro support for a shet of this sizer

Anyone know if there have been any instances of people getting above their preliminary rank?

View attachment 193185

n=19 aka it means nothing
90-100a = 85-100% in all four sections
90-100b = 85-100% in three sections
90-100c = 85-100% in two sections

* More data points and errors will be updated later (depending on how fast my cells in lab grow...)

Thanks for making this! Have you added more data points yet? I'm particularly interested in how many n in 90-100c :) :)

Thanks for making this! Have you added more data points yet? I'm particularly interested in how many n in 90-100c :) :)
Nope unfortunately no one else has shared any data. Everyone needs to push the April takers to post their scores and percentiles.

This is really helpful; thanks for putting it together. I couldn't seem to edit the spreadsheet, but feel free to add me on there if you'd like:

May Tester

• TPR: 501 (Before content), 504, 507, 512, 512.
  • Prelims: 85-100 all four, 90-100 overall.

Can't pull up my AAMC practice exam or question packs right now for some reason, I'll update once I can.

There really is not enough data with just the July test taker scores. If we wait until Tuesday when May test takers get their scores, we can set up a nice AAMC FL Practice exam % vs. Actual score for future test takers to use.

May test takers please don't forget to post your scores on this sheet!!

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATING ACTUAL:
PS: 129 (93 %ile)
VR: 128 (87 %ile)
BS: 127 (77 %ile)
Psych: 125 (55 %ile)

Overall: 509 - 80 %ile

AAMC practice:
Chem/Phys: 66%
CARS: 83%
Bio: 69%
Psych: 86%