complete mid july. silence since.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greinke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have attended one interview. have a few more scheduled for the future. but i have not heard back from the MAJORITY of the schools i applied to. about 30 silent ones.

i had the "complete" status for all my secondaries since mid-july.

i am grateful for the interview invites i have already. i am not complaining about that.

but i wonder about the chances of being looked at or possibly re-looked at (assuming i have been passed over) and being invited for interview at this point of the cycle.

is this a natural course of things of the application process? i ask because i see people who were complete 2 or even 3 months after me and receiving invitations.

thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

Misleading title. Several interviews = silence ? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Misleading title. Several interviews = silence ? :confused:
you are right. it is misleading i apologize.

i meant to emphasize the length of the wait on majority of the schools.

i'm in the same boat as you-- still haven't heard back from the majority of my schools though i'm content with having a few interviews. i think it's still possible to get interviews in october, and by november if you haven't heard back it's probably a silent rejection

As I have stated before, there are 300k+ combined applications under review. Relax guys.

Many schools go after the top applicants first and then keep the more average/below average applicants on hold for later review. I had almost the same stats as you (3.81/32) and I was complete in September, got a couple II's in Jan and Feb to mid-tier schools.

The cycle is far, far from over.

yea... i should relax... i think i'm really just upset about the dodgers and the tigers losing.

i'm in the same boat as you-- still haven't heard back from the majority of my schools though i'm content with having a few interviews. i think it's still possible to get interviews in october, and by november if you haven't heard back it's probably a silent rejection

Just some optimism haha, but not hearing back by November is not always a silent rejection. The odds are higher but I'd say there's still a fairly significant chance of hearing back. I have a few friends who heard from and interviewed in January and even February and now attend those schools.

Many schools go after the top applicants first and then keep the more average/below average applicants on hold for later review. I had almost the same stats as you (3.81/32) and I was complete in September, got a couple II's in Jan and Feb to mid-tier schools.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but how often do they do this? I applied to a lot of top schools (complete in september at most) and have great stats. WashU and Pitt sent me interview invites super quick :), on hold at Pritzker, rejected by UCSF, but it's been silence from the others.

A couple of them I assume my app is dead anyway, but for the others I'm wondering if they looked at my app early (because of stats) and already silently rejected me. Don't know if it matters, but I'm Canadian and took fantastically long to submit secondaries (over a month for most, didn't realize how US admissions works haha).

This is reassuring.