Complete Ross in 3.5 Years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WTTL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering going into Ross this January, and am wondering if I will have a decent/good chance to apply for residency with the rest of the US applicants who started this fall as opposed to being pushed back one year.

Please let me know, as I have to decide whether to go January or defer. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
why is it hard? If he passes every term, shouldn't he be on track?:confused:

Last edited:
you'll have to take minimum time to study for the USMLE step1 and Step2, and you'll need to have all your clinical rotations scheduled back to back, which will be very hard to do since Ross had and still probably does have a shortage of clinical spots. so you'll be forced to take a few weeks off between some rotations, even if you're willing to move across the country to start rotations back to back. Lastly the Residency match only happens once a year so even if you graduate in 3.5 years you'll still have to sit around and wait for the match.

Most people take their time to study for the USMLE exams so that they can do better and most people have to take a few weeks off or at least a week between some clinical rotation because there's just not enough spots for everyone to do ACGME approved rotations. So 99% of the students will graduate in 4years or longer...

Thanx, RussianJoo! I didn't know that. So, if 99% of the students need 4 years to graduate, why is Ross bragging day and night that its' students graduate in 3.5 yrs? That's misleading. I understand it's a for profit school, but still.

Well they say that because technically you can graduate in 3.5 years, if you take no time to study for the USMLE exams and don't choose to do all ACGME approved clinical rotations, but practically it will still take you 4 years to graduate and even if you do bust your but and graduate in 3.5 years you'll still have to wait around because residency match only happens once a year. This is all a sales pitch, just to make them different from other carib schools and is supposed to be misleading...

To talk to real ROSS students and ask them about this issue go to www.valuemd.com and go to the Ross University Forum.

Well they say that because technically you can graduate in 3.5 years, if you take no time to study for the USMLE exams and don't choose to do all ACGME approved clinical rotations, but practically it will still take you 4 years to graduate and even if you do bust your but and graduate in 3.5 years you'll still have to wait around because residency match only happens once a year. This is all a sales pitch, just to make them different from other carib schools and is supposed to be misleading...

To talk to real ROSS students and ask them about this issue go to www.valuemd.com and go to the Ross University Forum.
Thanx for the good info :)

it's a pitch designed to make people feel like they pay less tuition

then you look at the tuition details

and it goes with the best 3

sgu>>ross>>auc as far as tuition and age of school.