Complete secondaries mid-July; Decent stats; No news yet :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AAAmeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to 18 schools, and completed all of the secondaries by mid- to late-July. As indicated in my signature, I have decent stats and ECs, and was hoping to hear back from some of the schools very soon. However, it has been more than a month since then, and I still haven't heard back from ANY of the schools (neither II nor rejection).

Is this normal, or is there a red flag or something in my application? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Before you get yelled at, it is still very early. My state school didn't even start sending out their first invites until September or so when I applied. But even if people are getting invites to your school, that isn't an indication of your status yet. You're not to the red flag part of the cycle yet. You're barely to the green flag part.

Edit: I see that you're Canadian. Assuming these are American schools you've applied to, then you knew that it is more difficult to do. It would be kinda crazy to expect an invite quite yet.

Before you get yelled at, it is still very early. My state school didn't even start sending out their first invites until September or so when I applied. But even if people are getting invites to your school, that isn't an indication of your status yet. You're not to the red flag part of the cycle yet. You're barely to the green flag part.

Edit: I see that you're Canadian. Assuming these are American schools you've applied to, then you knew that it is more difficult to do. It would be kinda crazy to expect an invite quite yet.
I know it is quite early, but most of the schools that I have applied to have been sending out invites and rejections for quite a while now. I am not even worried about not receiving an II. I just want to hear something from them, even a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goro's ctrl+C ctrl+V must be broken at this point. I'm shocked at how frequent these posts are. It's like OP wants us to tell him/her that he/she has a red flag.

I have applied to 18 schools, and completed all of the secondaries by mid- to late-July. As indicated in my signature, I have decent stats and ECs, and was hoping to hear back from some of the schools very soon. However, it has been more than a month since then, and I still haven't heard back from ANY of the schools (neither II nor rejection).

I'm a Canadian with a LM >80, and I've received a few rejections so far and 1 II. We chose the hard path, it will be a lot longer before we are done. Not much to be done at this point except trust in ourselves and our app.

Reactions: 1 user
Sit back, relax and enjoy the last days of summer. If you don't have an interview invite by American Thanksgiving, you have something to worry about but for now you have a lull that you should enjoy. This is a marathon and you are treating it like the 100 meters. Settle into the marathon pace or you will burn out.

Reactions: 2 users
I "at goro'ed" for a specific reason. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet. Don't let me down Goro!

Instant virtue is a gratification, patience is not.

Or something.

Reactions: 10 users
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Apps are NOT processed in chronological order of receipt.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks all! I guess I will be more patient then! :)

I'd legit leave the country in shame in your shoes. Nothing by August 26th??? Even sgu and ross are out of range now

Reactions: 1 user