Completely Clueless on the Service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIMMY

I search after truth....
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Ive been on OB for a few weeks and nothing seems to stick on this rotation. Reading up on cases and knowing my patients inside out have served me well on other rotations as I was comfortable answering questions and did well in the end.....but I am literally an 'idiot' on the OB serv. Nothing seems to be working on this service...easy concepts seem harder to grasp for some reason.
I know we cant be jack of all trade...but is it common to have 'that 1 rotation' that we are absolutely clueless or am I loosing it/burnt out as the year draws to a close????
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

:confused: Ive been on OB for a few weeks and nothing seems to stick on this rotation. Reading up on cases and knowing my patients inside out have served me well on other rotations as I was comfortable answering questions and did well in the end.....but I am literally an 'idiot' on the OB serv. Nothing seems to be working on this service...easy concepts seem harder to grasp for some reason.
I know we cant be jack of all trade...but is it common to have 'that 1 rotation' that we are absolutely clueless or am I loosing it/burnt out as the year draws to a close????
Thanks

Don't beat yourself up, dude. OB blows and most feel like idiots during this rotation. Just show up, smile, and deal with the estrogen........

Don't beat yourself up, dude. OB blows and most feel like idiots during this rotation. Just show up, smile, and deal with the estrogen........

I felt the same way on OB, until I realized that its hardly a science, nor an art, but more a complex scheme to protect the MD from all the possible perinatal litigation.

I wish I was kidding, but think about it. The icing on the cake was when I found out one of the b*tchiest residents on my team was named in 4-5 malpractice cases in her residency alone.

Anyway you'll survive and move on, and get to real rotations where I'm sure you'll shine. best of luck and remember to cut the cord between the clamps, not between the clamp and the baby! :thumbup: