Compouding Review Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxisgood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm moving to NYC and I need to take the extra test for compounding. Does anyone know which Universities offer review courses? When they are? And how much they cost?

Any information would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe each of the 4 pharmacy schools in NY state offer a review--you would have to look at their websites or give them a call to learn more. In the NYC area, it's the LIU review previously mentioned or a review at St. John's in Queens. If you don't have a car, LIU is much easier to get to on the subway. I recommend taking the review at the school you will take the exam so you are familiar with its layout and equipment. I took Dr. Cutie's review last May and found it very helpful for the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you recommend any review books for the exam?
Is the review course @ LIU comprehensive? If I take it, do I need to study from other resources? Which?
Thanks!:confused:

the LIU is all-inclusive.. you will be given review booklets, old exams, and many practice packets.

Can you recommend any review books for the exam?
Is the review course @ LIU comprehensive? If I take it, do I need to study from other resources? Which?
Thanks!:confused:
The LIU course is all inclusive -- I cannot speak for the other review courses. You will not need to study anything besides the booklets you receive in the course & the notes you take from the course.

I am considering taking the LIU review course. Is it worth flying from out-of-state to take the live course? The course website says the course starts at 8 a.m. but does not provide a stop time. Do you get to practice in the actual lab where you take the exam? Also, what is the area like around campus? I've been to Manhattan but never to Brooklyn. Do you have any recommendations regarding hotel accommodations and how to navigate the area? Thank you!!

It does start at 8AM and it runs to about noon for like 30 mins break. Then you're probably done about 3 or 4 depending if students have questions and drag out the review. If you sign up for a 2 day, on the first day its all about the writing portion of day 1 of exam. and the 2nd day is all about the lab portion where you will practice in the lab. Not sure about hotel accomodations but its pretty easy to get to. take trains to dekalb station or take it to nevins if you can't find a yellow train.

Also, I am selling all of Dr. cutie's notes for Naplex + law + compounding and I will throw in my school's review for compounding all for $210 (including shipping)

It does start at 8AM and it runs to about noon for like 30 mins break. Then you're probably done about 3 or 4 depending if students have questions and drag out the review. If you sign up for a 2 day, on the first day its all about the writing portion of day 1 of exam. and the 2nd day is all about the lab portion where you will practice in the lab. Not sure about hotel accomodations but its pretty easy to get to. take trains to dekalb station or take it to nevins if you can't find a yellow train.

Also, I am selling all of Dr. cutie's notes for Naplex + law + compounding and I will throw in my school's review for compounding all for $210 (including shipping)

Hi! I can't tell when this forum was posted but I was just wondering, do you still have Dr. Cutie's notes? I am sh*ttin bricks about the exam as I am out of state. Need all the help I can get. Thanks!