Computer Format Layout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akuarys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for this but maybe I wasn't putting the right terms... I was just wondering if the questions and the passages were displayed on the same screen or if you had to go back and forth? I've heard that they are displayed on separate pages but when I took an online diagnostic test, they appeared on the same screen. :confused: Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The passages & questions are on the same screen both on the practice & the real test. Depending on the length of the passage you may need to scroll. I know for sure the questions you have to scroll down since they all can't be displayed to fit on the screen so you do have to scroll for that but like I said both passages & questions that pertain to that passage are on the same screen. The only thing you have to be wary about is that on the real exam, once you leave a passage & question set by clicking on the "Next" tab, you loose all your highlights which may come as a surprise to some especially if you want to double check an answer. Hope this helps :)

There's a free AAMC practice exam you should take.

It'll help you figure it out. Don't get anxious about the formatting, the point of studying is two fold. 1) To learn the info. 2) To practice the format with official tests and 'same format' tests so you don't even have to think about it come game day.

Seriously :)

yep same screen. its not bad at all. except the when using the periodic table. that was annoying

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all the info! I guess I'll take an AAMC practice test sometime this month to start getting used to the format.

Thanks for all the info! I guess I'll take an AAMC practice test sometime this month to start getting used to the format.

This is a good idea. It was great to show up on the day of the MCAT and see a testing format that was almost identical to the AAMC practice tests online.