ComputerGuy365's 55 Day PSAT Schedule

ComputerGuy365

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I am planning to take the PSAT this October and I made this plan.
I will also be using this thread to track my progress.

First PSAT Test taken (Free one offered by kaplan): 950 (Very Bad I know) (470 M, 480 R + W)
Goal Score: 1500

Materials used:
Kaplan Book: Amazon product

Princeton Review Book: Amazon product

Ivy Global Tests: Amazon product

Barron's Book w/tests: Amazon product

Full material cost only $53.19 on amazon, very cheap!

The entire study plan features 8 practice tests.

Day 1: Become familiar with the new PSAT format, and the new test taking tips.

Day 2: Chapter 1 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 3: Chapter 1 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 4: Chapter 2 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 5: Chapter 2 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Chapter 3 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 8: Chapter 3 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 9: Chapter 3 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 10: Chapter 4 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 11: Chapter 4 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 12: Rest

Day 13: Chapter 5 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 14: Chapter 5 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 15: Chapter 6 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 16: Chapter 6 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 17: Chapter 7 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 18: Rest

Day 19: Chapter 8 of Kaplan Book: + Princeton Practice

Day 20: Chapter 9 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 21: Chapter 10 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 22: Chapter 11 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 23: Chapter 11 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 24: Rest

Day 25: Chapter 12 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 26: Chapter 12 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 27: Chapter 13 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 28: Chapter 13 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 29: Chapter 14 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 30: Rest

Day 31: Chapter 14 of Kaplan Book + Princeton Practice

Day 32: Kaplan Practice Test #1

Day 33: Score Review + Corrections

Day 34: Rest

Day 35: Kaplan Practice Test #2

Day 36: Score Review + Corrections

Day 37: Rest

Day 38: College Board Practice Test

Day 39: Score Review + Corrections

Day 40: Rest

Day 41: Ivy Global Practice Test #1

Day 42: Score Review + Corrections

Day 43: Rest

Day 44: Ivy Global Practice Test #2

Day 45: Score Review + Corrections

Day 46: Rest

Day 47: Ivy Global Practice Test #3

Day 48: Score Review + Corrections

Day 49: Rest

Day 50: Barron's Test #1

Day 51: Score Review + Corrections

Day 52: Rest

Day 53: Barron's Test #2

Day 54: Score Review + Corrections

Day 55: Rest

Scores:
First Kaplan Test (Diagnostic): 950 (470 M, 480 R + W)
Kaplan Test #1:
Kaplan Test #2
Collegeboard Test:
Ivy Global #1:
Ivy Global #2:
Ivy Global #3:
Barron's Test #1:
Barron's Test #2:

When I start studying for the SAT's, I will make a new plan. Stay tuned for that.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

ComputerGuy365

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you trying so hard/spending money on books for this? 53.19 isnt a cheap deal for a test that is essentially a practice test for the SAT, and even then its a general knowledge test. Im not sure what you expect to gain out of 55 days of studying for this.

Aren't you in 8th grade/Freshman? Just stop. Relax. You don't need to be this insane about studying for a meaningless test this early in your life.

Also you don't need to bump when you are the 2nd thread down on the main page of the topic.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you trying so hard/spending money on books for this? 53.19 isnt a cheap deal for a test that is essentially a practice test for the SAT, and even then its a general knowledge test. Im not sure what you expect to gain out of 55 days of studying for this.

Aren't you in 8th grade/Freshman? Just stop. Relax. You don't need to be this insane about studying for a meaningless test this early in your life.

Also you don't need to bump when you are the 2nd thread down on the main page of the topic.

It's my business, I chose to share it. You're a med student, what are you doing in the high school thread criticizing me?
I'm just sharing it with anybody who wants to use it. It's clear that you don't need to use this, so why are you here?
Also, doing well gives you a possibility to qualify for the NMSQT, which awards scholarship money.
So it doesn't matter right?

Seriously, you don't have better things to do than to criticize a high schooler?

Keep trucking along computer guy. If you personally don't mind working on the exam now, more power to you.

Keep trucking along computer guy. If you personally don't mind working on the exam now, more power to you.

Thanks. I would, it's just the majority of the books for the New PSAT don't get released till June/July this year.

It's my business, I chose to share it. You're a med student, what are you doing in the high school thread criticizing me?
I'm just sharing it with anybody who wants to use it. It's clear that you don't need to use this, so why are you here?
Also, doing well gives you a possibility to qualify for the NMSQT, which awards scholarship money.
So it doesn't matter right?

Seriously, you don't have better things to do than to criticize a high schooler?

Someone's a little testy...

And I come here occasionally to answer basic questions/give advice based on the fact that I am in medical school and you are in high school.

And just some advice. You have plenty of time to be a crazy premed. It only gets harder from where you are now through college. Don't start burning out by going nuts with PSAT prep already.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone's a little testy...

And I come here occasionally to answer basic questions/give advice based on the fact that I am in medical school and you are in high school.

And just some advice. You have plenty of time to be a crazy premed. It only gets harder from where you are now through college. Don't start burning out by going nuts with PSAT prep already.

I am sorry if I came off as "testy". All I'm doing is trying to build a strong work ethic that I will need in college and later in med school. Medicine is not easy. I know that. All I am trying to do is to instill those principles into my school life, in order to help me succeed in the long run. My school does not give much homework, so I try to make up for it in other places.

I am sorry if I came off as "testy". All I'm doing is trying to build a strong work ethic that I will need in college and later in med school. Medicine is not easy. I know that. All I am trying to do is to instill those principles into my school life, in order to help me succeed in the long run. My school does not give much homework, so I try to make up for it in other places.

I appreciate the effort, and I highly doubt not having a strong enough work ethic is going to be a big issue in your life... But you're just so young! The fact that you are taking the PSAT already should be more than enough in terms of a step ahead.

I don't think anyone on earth needs to do 55 days of studying for the PSAT. If you really want to study take a few practice exams or do one of the books. I don't think you want to max out what you can do/study this early

I appreciate the effort, and I highly doubt not having a strong enough work ethic is going to be a big issue in your life... But you're just so young! The fact that you are taking the PSAT already should be more than enough in terms of a step ahead.

I don't think anyone on earth needs to do 55 days of studying for the PSAT. If you really want to study take a few practice exams or do one of the books. I don't think you want to max out what you can do/study this early

Alright. I probably won't end up doing this much preparation anyway.

Last edited:
PSAT needs no studying. That comes with the real deal SAT

PSAT needs no studying. That comes with the real deal SAT

This. Yes, spending time getting to know what your study preferences is crucial to success on the PSAT and any other test in the future, so I don't see really how a plan like this can help anyone. The PSAT isn't important at all, it's more of a tool for yourself to see where you are at in your skills and study methods. Use your own study style, or create one of your own. No need to follow one.

This. Yes, spending time getting to know what your study preferences is crucial to success on the PSAT and any other test in the future, so I don't see really how a plan like this can help anyone. The PSAT isn't important at all, it's more of a tool for yourself to see where you are at in your skills and study methods. Use your own study style, or create one of your own. No need to follow one.
Making National Merit Finalist guarantees you a full-ride (free tuition and housing) option to University of Oklahoma, helps with admission to elite private schools and gets you $8000 in scholarship wherever you end up. I wouldn't study for it for two months but it can be very important.

Making National Merit Finalist guarantees you a full-ride (free tuition and housing) option to University of Oklahoma, helps with admission to elite private schools and gets you $8000 in scholarship wherever you end up. I wouldn't study for it for two months but it can be very important.
Unless you are a noncitizen, in which case you are screwed with money either way.

Fair point - I should have pointed this out. Becoming a national merit finalist can be a huge boost in the admissions process - becoming one depends on your state's own cutoff score, however. For me, my home state's cutoff score is ridiculously high, so I had no chance as a high school student who didn't want to study for it! Definitely don't spend two months studying for it, though.

Fair point - I should have pointed this out. Becoming a national merit finalist can be a huge boost in the admissions process - becoming one depends on your state's own cutoff score, however. For me, my home state's cutoff score is ridiculously high, so I had no chance as a high school student who didn't want to study for it! Definitely don't spend two months studying for it, though.
Well now, don't be defeatist. I made it as a Cali resident (231), having taken it once before as a Sophomore as my only prep. Take it seriously, and certainly try, but don't do anything more than a practice exam or two.

Thanks for all the good advice guys.

I really like SDN because it's a mature forum where people take things seriously, not like CC.

Thanks for all the good advice guys.

I really like SDN because it's a mature forum where people take things seriously, not like CC.
As I've said before on these boards, CC is a cesspool of misinformed 17 year olds trying to out humble-brag each other. Never go there again

As I've said before on these boards, CC is a cesspool of misinformed 17 year olds trying to out humble-brag each other. Never go there again

I never made an account there. The only time I even venture there is when I want to look at college acceptance threads.

I literally cracked a smile when I was looking through his plan and then I saw this, haha!

Reactions: 1 users