COMSAE an accurate score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdontTakeCall

MS IV
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im taking the COMLEX saturday. just took the COMSAE phase 1a. scored 469. I noticed it says on avg, people score 26 points higher on the COMLEX than they did on the COMSAE. that would give me a 495 and the national average. Does this sound like it matchers your experiences or am i in trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

...Quick questions for COMSAE. I am 8 days away and thinking of buying it. But I saw Phase 1 Form A, Phase 1 Form B, Phase 2 Form A, Phase 2 Form B, and Phase 3.
Does it mean each will cost $50? How many questions each form come with? 200 Qs per form? I just wanted to make sure before I shall out my hard earn 50 bucks. Thanks!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack.

Last edited:
If your taking comlex 1 then only buy phase 1 type A or phase 1 type B. The phase 2 and phase 3 are for comlex 2 and 3. I took both 1A and 1B and got 511 both times. I take the real one next week. I don't know how it converts but I thought I read somewhere along these forumns that people do do about 10-20 better on the atual test.
As to whether the 50$ is worth it, Im hoping it is...some of my classmates have said that a few questions on Comlex are very similar to Comsae questions. I'll gladly spend more of my mom's hard earned 50$ for a few freebees on the test (haha JK)

If your taking comlex 1 then only buy phase 1 type A or phase 1 type B. The phase 2 and phase 3 are for comlex 2 and 3. I took both 1A and 1B and got 511 both times. I take the real one next week. I don't know how it converts but I thought I read somewhere along these forumns that people do do about 10-20 better on the atual test.
As to whether the 50$ is worth it, Im hoping it is...some of my classmates have said that a few questions on Comlex are very similar to Comsae questions. I'll gladly spend more of my mom's hard earned 50$ for a few freebees on the test (haha JK)

Would you say Form A and Form B are similar? I did form B and didn't think it was so bad, but people who took form A said it was a horror show...

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.....

Which is harder form A or B. I took form B today. Did anyone do significantly higher on COMLEX than comsae?

I just got my score back and my COMLEX score was 78 points higher than my COMSAE part IA. Having said that. I would definitely recommend taking it because I felt that 1: it was good practice and 2: the question format and difficulty was comparable.

Im taking the COMLEX saturday. just took the COMSAE phase 1a. scored 469. I noticed it says on avg, people score 26 points higher on the COMLEX than they did on the COMSAE. that would give me a 495 and the national average. Does this sound like it matchers your experiences or am i in trouble.

543 comsae 1a - one day post usmle, two days pre comlex
555 real comlex.

it was a fair depiction of what to expect, but dont get pissed, everyone fails the psych questions. their key is wrong.

I scored 543 on COMSAE 1A and 683/95 on the COMLEX. Accurate? Well, I wouldn't be too sure...

I took the 1A and scored 83 points higher on the real COMLEX~~
and that was 2 days pre test day so for me it wasn't accurate at all
but I would def. take it just so you know what the COMLEX test style is like!!!!

Is that a good score (ie is a 555 competitive)? Isn't that somewhat equal to a 230 on the usmle percentile wise? I'm trying to get a feel for what the scores mean.

You can't compare the 2-digits scores for the COMLEX and the USMLE. They are two different things (no correlation). Now about the percentiles, I am not so sure.

Anyway I got 43 points higher on the COMLEX than COMSAE-B

Last edited: