Concordia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had to reschedule my interview for tomorrow because of the snowstorm. All set for next Friday instead. Good luck those of you who are headed out in this crap weather today and good luck tomorrow! :)

Good luck to you and everyone else interviewing!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a pre pharm student attending uw-lacrosse and was considering Concordia. My cumulative gpa is currently a 3.2 with a 71 Pcat however my science gpa is only a 3.0 with a C in general chemistry 1. All my other science courses are decent but I just finished Calculus 1 and got a D! I plan on retaking it prior to entering but just curious as to what you think my chances are as it stands. Thanks.

Had my interview today and thought it went well :) It was very relaxed, as mentioned before. Closed file--they pretty much only knew where I graduated from. They asked the normal, expected questions.. why pharmacy, why concordia.. Another question was along the line of naming an example of when my time management skills came into play and how i prioritized things..
I was very impressed with the school, the faculty, the curriculum overview and the new buildling. We won't find out until after feb 7th about acceptance. And major boo on the weather today! I'm stuck here for another night while the snow blows over :-\

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview today and thought it went well :) It was very relaxed, as mentioned before. Closed file--they pretty much only knew where I graduated from. They asked the normal, expected questions.. why pharmacy, why concordia.. Another question was along the line of naming an example of when my time management skills came into play and how i prioritized things..
I was very impressed with the school, the faculty, the curriculum overview and the new buildling. We won't find out until after feb 7th about acceptance. And major boo on the weather today! I'm stuck here for another night while the snow blows over :-\

Good luck! Waiting is the hardest hah. Did they say you wouldn't find out until after Feb 7th? I found out a week after the interview.

Yeah, we have a longer wait. Ericka said they normally like to let people know the same month they interview, but they just had too many interviews this month so they bumped ours until the first adcom meeting in feb. It's going to be a painful couple of weeks. I'm already starting to second guess myself on how well it went lol I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.. I'd sure love to attend in the fall :)

Yeah, we have a longer wait. Ericka said they normally like to let people know the same month they interview, but they just had too many interviews this month so they bumped ours until the first adcom meeting in feb. It's going to be a painful couple of weeks. I'm already starting to second guess myself on how well it went lol I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.. I'd sure love to attend in the fall :)

I second guessed myself too and I only had to wait a week to find out if I got in :p Im sure you did fine and will get in.

You must have interviewed before last friday then :) I haven't heard boo, but I don't expect to yet from what they told our group. Good luck to you!

Hello everyone,

I just got a call from Ericka tonight and I was accepted into the program. My interview was on 1/13 and I was told that they weren't going to meet until approximately 2/6 for the decision, so when I got the call tonight, it was quite a surprise considering that they called almost 2 weeks before they were planning! :D

Hello everyone,

I just got a call from Ericka tonight and I was accepted into the program. My interview was on 1/13 and I was told that they weren't going to meet until approximately 2/6 for the decision, so when I got the call tonight, it was quite a surprise considering that they called almost 2 weeks before they were planning! :D
no kidding? I was originally supposed to interview on the 13th too. What phone number did they call you from and about what time?

Congratulation! I also got a call from Ericka today and i was accepted! Phone number is 206 243 2777

congrats guys! and thanks for the info. waiting is the worst..

Thanks. When Ericka called it was an unknown number around 615 CST.

Members don't see this ad :)
no kidding? I was originally supposed to interview on the 13th too. What phone number did they call you from and about what time?

yeah no kidding. I'm assuming you're the one from Nebraska that they said had to reschedule? I drove from Stl in the snow... sucked

and apparently my eyes fail me.. as your profile states you're from Madison...

Last edited:
yeah no kidding. I'm assuming you're the one from Nebraska that they said had to reschedule? I drove from Stl in the snow... sucked

and apparently my eyes fail me.. as your profile states you're from Madison...
LOL I sound like a total pansy now whining about driving only an hour and a half away in the crap weather :rolleyes:

LOL I sound like a total pansy now whining about driving only an hour and a half away in the crap weather :rolleyes:

Well... I did drive up during the storm on thursday.. just givin' ya crap.

Did you end up getting to an interview this month?

Well... I did drive up during the storm on thursday.. just givin' ya crap.

Did you end up getting to an interview this month?
no worries. I am an absolute pansy about driving in the winter :) I made it in to interview on the 20th and now am waiting not-so-patiently by the phone. I'm not feeling so confident about my interview now, truth be told, but time will tell!

Well, good luck to everyone applying, I have received an acceptance letter from another school higher on my list, so my spot will be opening up for someone else. Good luck all!

Anyone happen to have an interview on March 8th?

Has anyone from the Jan 20th interviews gotten a call yet?

Has anyone from the Jan 20th interviews gotten a call yet?
Not yet. I'm getting really nervous now!

Edit:
Check your email. Ericka just sent out a message saying our files have been reviewed, but there's been a delay and we should hopefully find out early next week. Bummer.

Last edited:
Ok... so for those of you who were accepted, did you get an email from certiphi.com about a background check because you have been "conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the AACP-facilitated program"?

Yes, I got an email from them and completed yesterday.

Just got a voicemail from Ericka at 1:30 today. Accepted! :clap: :soexcited:

Interviewed on Jan 20th. Just got my acceptance packet in the mail today, too.

Awesome...congrats! I interviewed feb. 3rd....anxiously awaiting a response.
Thanks. Did they say when the adcom is meeting to review your group? Waiting is absolutely the hardest part of the whole process :(

Thanks. Did they say when the adcom is meeting to review your group? Waiting is absolutely the hardest part of the whole process :(
Yeah they said the week of the 28th....waiting is the worst!

I interviewed on 01/19 but my PCAT scores were not received yet so they bumped up my application review to this week and I got a call from Erika yesterday. I got in!
So excited to start pharmacy school. Good luck everyone.

Congrats! See you this fall :)

I have an interview on the 23rd, applied late to this school. Think there is still a lot of spots open? Heard back about an interview today, so within one week. It's going to be fun spending my spring-break traveling to pharmacy school interviews lol

I got the call too!!!! Super excited!!:D

congrats! see you this fall :)

I have an interview on the 23rd, applied late to this school. Think there is still a lot of spots open? Heard back about an interview today, so within one week. It's going to be fun spending my spring-break traveling to pharmacy school interviews lol

Not sure how many spots are still open, but good luck! :luck: :thumbup:

How did the last interviews go (23rd?)? When should you hear back about getting accepted?

Wondering if any of the 2016 applicants without an undergrad degree were told about the 6 extra credits you'll be required to complete before getting a PharmD from Concordia? Very interested to hear what you have to say.

I'm a bit interested to hear about that, too. I glazed over that part on the CUW website since I already have my degree. At least they're not charging for the courses.

On another note, any current students have info on off-campus housing? I'm not participating in the roommate match... my current living situation has solidified my need to live alone :rolleyes:... that and I have 2 cats that are enough by themselves. Any info would be appreciated! :)

I was interviewed March 23rd but still haven't heard anything back yet.
Anyone else who were interviewed on 23rd heared anything back or know anything about the delay?
I am checking my mail box & staring at the phone everyday since this monday:scared:

I was interviewed March 23rd but still haven't heard anything back yet.
Anyone else who were interviewed on 23rd heared anything back or know anything about the delay?
I am checking my mail box & staring at the phone everyday since this monday:scared:

Did you ever hear back or hear anything at all?! Good luck!!!!