CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By the way Abney. Here is that cheeseburger. Though the meat isn't visible.
Mmm, looks like an In and Out burger, makes me miss living in CA.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
CA is for hippies!! :laugh: We have em here in NV too!!!!
That must be why I loved it there so much. :biglove:
After years of fighting it, I have come to accept my inherent hippy-ness. Apparently I give off such a peace-love vibe that people I know, and have known for years, routinely ask me if I'm a vegetarian/vegan. Even family members have done this. I'm not BTW, never have been.
Always enjoyed NV also, although I have only been to Vegas.

I'm seriously considering not studying for my biochem final. I'm just so unmotivated and it is beach weather today after a few chilly days (sadly by chilly I mean in the 60-70's, I'm going to freeze in the mountains of VA). Plus I really hate biochem.

I am ridiculously sunburned on my cleavage. Sunday after running my relay race we went directly to breakfast and then the pool. 7 buckets of beer later and I remembered sunblock for everywhere BUT my collarbone and boobs.

Confession: even though I'm sunburned I want to go sit out in it some more.

I am ridiculously sunburned on my cleavage. Sunday after running my relay race we went directly to breakfast and then the pool. 7 buckets of beer later and I remembered sunblock for everywhere BUT my collarbone and boobs.

Confession: even though I'm sunburned I want to go sit out in it some more.

I did that once and had second degree burns all over my boobs. Blisters and everything. I had to wear that same bathing suit as my bra for 2 weeks lol. It was awful. Feel better! Sounds like you had fun doing it at least! :D:cool:

I swear I am such a bird lady. This Scrub Jay has been calling in my backyard for an hour. The bird feeders (yes that is plural) needed to be filled. So I go out into the RAIN and climb a WALL to get this bark butter feeder. I fill it and have to climb the wet wall AGAIN. I also got him some blueberries and walnuts.

I swear I am such a bird lady. This Scrub Jay has been calling in my backyard for an hour. The bird feeders (yes that is plural) needed to be filled. So I go out into the RAIN and climb a WALL to get this bark butter feeder. I fill it and have to climb the wet wall AGAIN. I also got him some blueberries and walnuts.
This story makes me happy and wish I knew you in person, love it and your love of the birds:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Bird poo causes cancer. That's all I'm gonna say.

This thread makes me smile. Repeatedly. :love:

I just watched a two hour show about a terrible murder. The whole two hours had the children crying from heartbreak and a really touching story...
I only choked up the very last 30 seconds of the show when they said said the family dog ended up dying of cancer. :eyeroll:

I just watched a two hour show about a terrible murder. The whole two hours had the children crying from heartbreak and a really touching story...
I only choked up the very last 30 seconds of the show when they said said the family dog ended up dying of cancer. :eyeroll:
That would be my reaction exactly. We're obviously in the right line of work.

Guess napoleon should have been a vet... he would have the same reaction;

"This soldier, I realized, must have had friends at home and in his regiment; yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on, unmoved, at battles which decided the future of nations. Tearless, I had given orders which brought death to thousands. Yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what? By the grief of one dog."

-Napoleon Bonaparte, on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death.

Guess napoleon should have been a vet... he would have the same reaction;

"This soldier, I realized, must have had friends at home and in his regiment; yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on, unmoved, at battles which decided the future of nations. Tearless, I had given orders which brought death to thousands. Yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what? By the grief of one dog."

-Napoleon Bonaparte, on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death.
Amazing story, SOV. Thanks for sharing. :)

I think I use ""!!!" really excessively. Granted, sometimes I'm really excited. But in an email I skimmed over before sending, I think I used it at the end of 90% of my sentences...oops.

I think I use ""!!!" really excessively. Granted, sometimes I'm really excited. But in an email I skimmed over before sending, I think I used it at the end of 90% of my sentences...oops.

um... yeah, I've gotten to the point that I proof punctuate things I write for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even an excited person, it just doesn't make sense. I have pretty much replaced periods with exclamation marks. I feel your pain lol. I had to carefully type this without any !!!!!s :laugh:

I am still ridiculously addicted to Dream Zoo. It is a problem, and is likely the reason I am on SDN less and less. Pathetic!!!!!!! :laugh:

I am still ridiculously addicted to Dream Zoo. It is a problem, and is likely the reason I am on SDN less and less. Pathetic!!!!!!! :laugh:

I actually thought of you this morning because I was thinking about how I never get on mine anymore lol

Carly Rae Jepsen is my hero.... :/... SO CALL ME MAYBE! :D

Awww Emi!!!

On another note: I've rediscovered My So-Called Life. Totally cheesy teenage angst filled drama. Love it.

I posted my first post in the lounge. :eek: I'll probably get ripped apart because I posted Jason Segel in the eye candy :laugh:

Can someone explain to me the lounge

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Can someone explain to me the lounge

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
The lounge (aka the wolf's den) is a part of SDN that is more relaxed. It is full of threads not related to medicine such as: nail obsession thread, hawt chicks thread, eye candy for the ladies thread, drunk thread, etc. Most of the posters there have been posting there for years. When noobs post there, they often encounter the Wall of Hate. It's kind of like an initiation to the lounge, and is usually not personal- unless you act like a *****/idiot, then it's usually personal.

The lounge (aka the wolf's den) is a part of SDN that is more relaxed. It is full of threads not related to medicine such as: nail obsession thread, hawt chicks thread, eye candy for the ladies thread, drunk thread, etc. Most of the posters there have been posting there for years. When noobs post there, they often encounter the Wall of Hate. It's kind of like an initiation to the lounge, and is usually not personal- unless you act like a *****/idiot, then it's usually personal.
But I'm mostly a ***** :eek::laugh:
Oh yes, no medicine.

Wait, the lounge isn't the lounge any more? What's this wolf's den stuff? When did the name change?

Wait, the lounge isn't the lounge any more? What's this wolf's den stuff? When did the name change?
They changed it for April Fools Day and everyone liked it so they kept it.

the lounge is largely full of self important circlejerking douchenozzles, IOW :laugh:

I want :love:

tumblr_m2624bmGnM1qatj0co1_500.png

the lounge is largely full of self important circlejerking douchenozzles, IOW :laugh:

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

:laugh: There is definitely some of that, but I've made some good friends in there over the years. We just don't tolerate stupid posts by annoying pre-meds. If you post politely and intelligently, you're not going to get much in terms of people teasing you. Maybe a little, but not much. We're just all still bitter that the "All Student's Forum" and the Lounge got merged a while back - therefore, all the annoying trolls, etc began dumping their **** in our place and people got protective. A lot of us have (albeit by internet) seen/helped each other go through lots of different life experiences over long lengths of time, so yeah, we can be a little protective :)

I have been so excited to have a nice time going to bed early tonight and sleeping in late tomorrow. What am I doing? Making up the roles for my WW game. :D

I am such a nerd/WW addict (SOV this is all your fault). :smuggrin:

OMG cuuute!! :love:

Confession: I feel nowhere NEAR ready for clinics. In THREE WEEKS. And have been having anxiety attack inducing nightmares of failing. Wah.

But you are ready and you will surprise yourself. Just take clinics a day at a time and be willing to look things up. They wouldn't have let you pass this far if they didn't want you in clinics.