CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm totally about to be that client... I'm about to board my cat and I'm really stressing out about it lol. He's a caution cat when he's at the vet clinic, he has food allergies and has to have his own food, and he's got chronic rhinosinusitis. I'm afraid they're going to give him clinic food and he's going to get an eosinophilic granuloma plaque, I'm afraid they're going to see him sneezing and put him in the dog ward for "isolation" thinking it's a URI, and I'm afraid he's going to bite someone, escape from his cage, and wedge himself in some small space or run out an open door and get hit by a car. I'm feeling very pessimistic about the whole situation lol.

So,

I just hand wrote in different colored markers a little sheet to put with his boarding sheet explaining his food allergies, the chronic sinusitis, and the fact he's a jerk. I also want to see the ward before I let them take him back there. I know that I'm being a crazy paranoid cat lady, but I can't help it cause he's my baby. I adopted him from the very first clinic I worked at: he had a sign on his cage that said "I need a home" and every time I passed by his cage, he would spit and hiss and lunge at the cage door. So, of course, I adopted him :rolleyes:. He's fine at home, but anytime I put him in a cage at the clinic, he turns into devil cat. I know that chances are he will be just fine and I'm worrying over nothing, but that's why I'm putting this in the confession thread lol.

I am trying to stretch my budget, and so I bought groceries last week but forgot coffee creamer. I have Folgers instant vanilla cappuccino on hand, so I've been adding that to my coffee that last couple of mornings. I did not get to sleep until about 3:30 AM last night. I am hoping to power through setting my house up and getting some last minute chores done today however with this newfound incredible power.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be applying in next year's cycle, and I was looking over the details of the schools I'm planning on applying to. There is a small insane part of me that is attracted to every single one of UF's certificate programs. :oops:

I'll be applying in next year's cycle, and I was looking over the details of the schools I'm planning on applying to. There is a small insane part of me that is attracted to every single one of UF's certificate programs. :oops:

Yeah it's been tough to decide. I'm doing 2 of them.

Yeah it's been tough to decide. I'm doing 2 of them.

Which 2? I'm interested in doing the DVM/MPH program, so the Food Animal and International ones seem most relevant, and there is a special place in my heart for shelter med (most of my experience comes from shelters). But the business management one just seems so useful for life and aquatic animals are really interesting...I'm sure I sound crazy :laugh:

This is my current problem.

Which 2? I'm interested in doing the DVM/MPH program, so the Food Animal and International ones seem most relevant, and there is a special place in my heart for shelter med (most of my experience comes from shelters). But the business management one just seems so useful for life and aquatic animals are really interesting...I'm sure I sound crazy :laugh:

I'm doing food animal and business.

Instead of packing yesterday I played minesweeper literally all day. I get sucked in to a loop of yay I'm going to win to boo I lost might as well play one more to get my average up. Definitely not my finest moment.

I'm totally about to be that client... I'm about to board my cat and I'm really stressing out about it lol. He's a caution cat when he's at the vet clinic, he has food allergies and has to have his own food, and he's got chronic rhinosinusitis. I'm afraid they're going to give him clinic food and he's going to get an eosinophilic granuloma plaque, I'm afraid they're going to see him sneezing and put him in the dog ward for "isolation" thinking it's a URI, and I'm afraid he's going to bite someone, escape from his cage, and wedge himself in some small space or run out an open door and get hit by a car. I'm feeling very pessimistic about the whole situation lol.

So,

I just hand wrote in different colored markers a little sheet to put with his boarding sheet explaining his food allergies, the chronic sinusitis, and the fact he's a jerk. I also want to see the ward before I let them take him back there. I know that I'm being a crazy paranoid cat lady, but I can't help it cause he's my baby. I adopted him from the very first clinic I worked at: he had a sign on his cage that said "I need a home" and every time I passed by his cage, he would spit and hiss and lunge at the cage door. So, of course, I adopted him :rolleyes:. He's fine at home, but anytime I put him in a cage at the clinic, he turns into devil cat. I know that chances are he will be just fine and I'm worrying over nothing, but that's why I'm putting this in the confession thread lol.

Is there any way you could have someone come to your house to care for him? Especially if being in a cage stresses him out so much... Most of the techs and a few of the receptionists I used to work with would do pet-sitting on the side to make some extra cash but of course when they watched my (5) cats, they never let me pay them! And since they're techs they're obviously very well versed in medicating and food allergies and all that good stuff. Just a thought for next time! :D

So,

I work at a boarding facility and I LOVE when clients like you come in, it gives me hope that people really care about their animals still. I then make sure that its clearly marked on every boarders sheet that this animal has special needs and mark him as "supervisor EVERYTHING" - generally the supervisors have animal experience and know what they are doing -- my philosophy, if it was my animal, what would I want/do.

Earlier this week I was rushing through lunch. Something was very odd about my sandwich and it wasn't until almost half way through and wondering what the hell was up with this turkey that I realized...I had forgotten about the small thing of wax paper stuck to the back of cheese...I had eaten near half of it :oops:. whoops :laugh:

Earlier this week I was rushing through lunch. Something was very odd about my sandwich and it wasn't until almost half way through and wondering what the hell was up with this turkey that I realized...I had forgotten about the small thing of wax paper stuck to the back of cheese...I had eaten near half of it :oops:. whoops :laugh:

Hahaha!

Members don't see this ad :)

don't feel alone. I've done that before.

I like to take my cat for walks around my building (outside). Yep. And I don't give a crap about the looks I get from the neighbours....;)

Hello. My name is DVMD. I am a chronic procrastinator and a very bad student.

And I really don't feel all that bad about it.:p

Hi DVMD!

:D

Edit: I feel as though a support group should actually exist for this.

Last edited:
I'm so tired and hungry that I just came frighteningly close to putting one of the bones from my anatomy bone box in my mouth, thinking it was a snack.

I think I need to go home now.

I'm so tired and hungry that I just came frighteningly close to putting one of the bones from my anatomy bone box in my mouth, thinking it was a snack.

I think I need to go home now.

Lol!!!!

I'm currently finishing my works cited for my research paper and feeling ridiculously hopeless as a student let alone a future DVM student.

Wait, wait, wait. You have to google how to boil eggs? Wut?

We never had them growing up, so the first time I made them a few years ago, I googled how to make them. And I've made them many a time since then, but...I always forget if you put them in first and then boil or let them boil in the water, do you let them sit at a boil for a while or turn it down how long do they have to sit after boiling, etc. So I always end up googling the right sequence of events. I swear I'm a decent cook, it's just like this one mental roadblock :laugh:

We never had them growing up, so the first time I made them a few years ago, I googled how to make them. And I've made them many a time since then, but...I always forget if you put them in first and then boil or let them boil in the water, do you let them sit at a boil for a while or turn it down how long do they have to sit after boiling, etc. So I always end up googling the right sequence of events. I swear I'm a decent cook, it's just like this one mental roadblock :laugh:

I take the lazy way and just put them in my kettle and set it to boil...

Put eggs in pot(works better if you do 6+ at a time, up to like 15), completely cover them with COLD water and add a pinch of salt(prevents cracked eggs from spilling out). Bring to JUST a boil, cover, turn off burner and let sit for 10-13 minutes(depending on how hard you like them, do not move the pot). Then run COLD water over eggs IN THE POT(put whole pot under faucet) for 2-5 minutes to completely cool eggs. Perfect eggs nearly everytime that are eazy-peazy to peel!

Haha I go through periods where I just really like baby dills. I start eating a few and before I know it half(or more) of the jar is gone!
And nope, not pregnant, either. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
:laugh:

I'm feeling like a cheese and pickle sammich. I may just go make one.

I eat pickle and cheese sangwiches all the time. My mom loves them as well as her mother before her. I think some people just have an inherent genetic love of sour and cheese.

Reactions: 1 user
:laugh:

I'm feeling like a cheese and pickle sammich. I may just go make one.

I like pickles. And I like cheese. But the combination just sounds gross.

I grew up eating peanut butter and cheese sandwiches though, so I guess I shouldn't judge. :p

Criminy. I put the eggs in water in a pot and turn the burner on. Boil for a while and done. WHY would you even need steps? That seems so dumb lol