Confession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loptometriste

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I felt like a junior high girl with a crush yesterday. I wrote my name out and put O.D. behind it in the margin of my notes while in class. All that was missing were the hearts and cupids arrows around it. Anyone else who has been accepted done the same thing or am I alone on this one? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like a junior high girl with a crush yesterday. I wrote my name out and put O.D. behind it in the margin of my notes while in class. All that was missing were the hearts and cupids arrows around it. Anyone else who has been accepted done the same thing or am I alone on this one? :oops:

huh? really?

Nobody has thought about how their name will have an O.D. behind it or put Dr. in front because they were excited about being accepted or starting optometry school?

I didn't stare at it all starry eyed with a big dopy grin on my face while butterflies flew over a rainbow and unicorns jumped from cloud to cloud. I just wrote it small on my notes, and obviously, I was embarrassed enough that I scribbled it out. It was the reality of it all sinking in. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

I actually wright out my name out without the OD sometimes, and fantasize about what it would be like if I hadn't wasted so much money on a degree that can't support it's own weight. Sorry, but it's true.

I actually wright out my name out without the OD sometimes, and fantasize about what it would be like if I hadn't wasted so much money on a degree that can't support it's own weight. Sorry, but it's true.

classic!! :laugh:

I've done this before too! Haha I don't think it's weird at all....
While I was studying for my OAT, I needed some encouragement to get me through it, and I actually wrote "OD" after my name on one of my business cards and taped it to my wall next to my periodic table LOL.

LOL yes I did this few weeks ago. FANCY. and i like how you took to the time to start a thread about this haha

Haha!!! This is great. I've never done this, but while I was studying for my OAT I typed up an "acceptance letter" and taped it to the wall in front of my desk. It helped to motivate me, especially on the days when I really didn't feel like studying.

I would totally do this! (BUT my last name will change :( So I don't know what to doodle...)

I fantasize about being a famous actress. I wish I still had this passion for optometry.