Confused about Bronze Zone deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Say I sign up for an October 21st date, and the bronze zone deadline is Oct. 14, 2014. Am I able to CANCEL and RESCHEDULE to another date if I cancel it on October 13th, for example? Or will it just count towards one of my attempts? This https://www.aamc.org/students/download/355350/data/registrationfeesandpolicies.pdf says that during the bronze zone, you CANNOT reschedule. But you can cancel. So if I cancel, can't I schedule a new date????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It means that you can cancel your current date, but cannot reschedule that same date. For example, you can cancel your Oct 21 date but can't reschedule it for a further or earlier date (which is usually cheaper). You will have to cancel your Oct 21 date, then go back into the system and pay $275 for a new date.

When you reschedule a test, depending on which zone you're in, it is cheaper than when you first signed up. In gold zone it is $65 to reschedule, and then in silver, I believe it is $125, which is still far less than the $275 to schedule a test date in the first place.