Confused about E-submitting and what can be updated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What can you E-submit without?
And what can you update after you submit?
Would it make a difference if I submit before AADSAS get everything in the mail or after?

For dental experiences, since I am still shadowing and working, so every day my hours go up by 8, should I put in the total hours the day I submit?

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help sdn! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You can e-submit without DAT and letters completed.

You can only update your coursework once during academic update between mid-November through early February. You will have to send updated transcripts in December or January to include Fall grades.

No, all of your transcripts have to arrive in order to be verified and mailed out.

Yes, put the total completed by submission and leave the end date as if you are continuing.

What can you E-submit without?
And what can you update after you submit?
Would it make a difference if I submit before AADSAS get everything in the mail or after?

For dental experiences, since I am still shadowing and working, so every day my hours go up by 8, should I put in the total hours the day I submit?

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help sdn! :)

Reactions: 1 users
This is what the ADEA website says in their FAQ (in addition to the Academic Updated mentioned above).

Most sections in the ADEA AADSAS application cannot be updated after eSubmitting. The sections that can be revised are listed below:
  • Biographic Information
  • Canadian DAT Scores
  • Evaluators
Sections that cannot be updated after eSubmitting your ADEA AADSAS application are:
  • Parent and Family Information
  • Background Information
  • Secondary School Information
  • Disadvantaged Status
  • Colleges Attended
  • Coursework (unless instructed to do so by a Transcript Verification Department staff member)
  • Professional Experience
    • Academic Enrichment Programs
    • Dentistry Experience; Extracurricular
    • Volunteer, Community Service
    • Leadership Activities
    • Work Experience
    • Research Experience
    • Awards, Honors, Scholarships
  • Personal Statement
  • Release Statements

I'm also going to be updating my total shadowing hours right before I submit. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user