Confused about EPPP Test Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modestmousktr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a feel for the reputations of schools (I realize there is a lot more than EPPP scores, but it is one thing I'm trying to take into account), but I don't quite understand what I'm reading.

I am looking at this site:
http://www.socialpsychology.org/clinrank.htm

Which reports mean EPPP scores from 125-179 for the universities listed. I tried googling passing EPPP score, and from what I found it said "500". I also read some threads in here and people are listing percentiles, so I am a little confused about how to interpret the numbers on the socialpsychology clinrankings.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

My best bet is that those scores are the standardized scores before they moved to the new standardization format. The site you posted has some dated information which may not accurately reflect the current climate.

Since EPPP scores themselves don't matter (you either pass or you don't), the pass rate may be a better marker for program quality. You can try taking a look at this to evaluate the schools you are considering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about the passing EPPP score one would need as a master's level examinee in North Carolina to "test out of" having to take the exam again after completing a doctoral program? I once heard it was 80% and now am hearing it is 70%. Also, for those who took practice Academic Review Exams, how were you scoring before feeling ready to take the exam? My scores so far are on the diagnostic assessment an 85, and mock exams 83 and 75... Any input would be very helpful!!!

Does anyone know about the passing EPPP score one would need as a master's level examinee in North Carolina to "test out of" having to take the exam again after completing a doctoral program? I once heard it was 80% and now am hearing it is 70%. Also, for those who took practice Academic Review Exams, how were you scoring before feeling ready to take the exam? My scores so far are on the diagnostic assessment an 85, and mock exams 83 and 75... Any input would be very helpful!!!

Since you can't register for the EPPP until after internship in every state I'm familiar with, I highly doubt a previous EPPP score will count. The board for each state is where you'd check. Besides, that'll be 5 years later at best. I thought the AR online questions were helpful for EPPP. Don't recall my scores, but I passed first time.

Since you can't register for the EPPP until after internship in every state I'm familiar with, I highly doubt a previous EPPP score will count. The board for each state is where you'd check. Besides, that'll be 5 years later at best. I thought the AR online questions were helpful for EPPP. Don't recall my scores, but I passed first time.

You can take the EPPP in Kentucky (and Texas too, I belive), prior to internship. Licensing at the master level requires passing EPPP at a certain threshold in Kentucky. If you pass that at the doctoral threshold, then you dont have to take it again.

We also dont have any post-doc hours requirement here in KY. Although we do have a state oral exam and written jurisprudence exam.

Masters degree