Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehappydoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Sdn,

im long time lurker not so much poster but have a situation...

I am a junior whos graduating early aka ill be taking only 6 credits in fall of my senior year and then graduate.

I had a plan all set up to finish up my mcat on friday, finish summer courses over the summer to apply to medical school at the end of august, but now im not feeling confident for this new mcat..Not taking it/voiding will force me into a gap year (this is in addition to me graduating early)

What should I do? (I am thinking both MD and DO btw)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Sdn,

im long time lurker not so much poster but have a situation...

I am a junior whos graduating early aka ill be taking only 6 credits in fall of my senior year and then graduate.

I had a plan all set up to finish up my mcat on friday, finish summer courses over the summer to apply to medical school at the end of august, but now im not feeling confident for this new mcat..Not taking it/voiding will force me into a gap year (this is in addition to me graduating early)

What should I do? (I am thinking both MD and DO btw)

How do you see? Take it in June or July and apply this cycle.

My anxiety is mostly over the new MCAT, I feel like I need to sit down for 4 months while I am not in school and "get the MCAT done right", but given the fact I also am looking at DO, is it possible for me to get into DO with perhaps a subpar score (getting around 490 on practice MCATS) and a 3.5 science gpa and 3.6 uGPA?

A 490 is theoretically 11th percentile, but no one really knows yet.

That would be somewhat equivalent to a 16 on the old exam. I would say that it will likely not be adequate.

No one can really say for sure though, there are too many variables up in the air to make any definitive statements regarding the MCAT.