Congratulations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBodacious

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To everyone who took boards today!

Members don't see this ad.

The sad thing about the boards is that I am eligible next year to take them again...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am glad both parts were over an extended weekend when I took them instead of of spaced out by months.

Highly stressful, but I'm glad it was that way for me as well.

That video is hilarious.
Spaced out makes sense in some ways. Preparing for a written test is quite different than preparing for an oral exam. Plus it prevents those who fail the written from wasting time on the oral. I'm sure it helps keep the cost of the oral boards down. No need for extra oral examiners for unnecessary testing.

Oh good, so I am paying less for boards, then? :rolleyes

Yeah, less stressful but I would like to get this board certification over and done with. And, I am not sure how much time to take in the Spring for oral boards prep.

Well in theory it would be cheaper. But we both know it's still crazy expensive.
It's nice when it's all done. I took about 6 weeks for written and 4 weeks for oral. But my oral board prep was much less intense. You will know a lot because you had written boards a few months earlier and just finished residency. Most of my oral board prep was refreshing things that slip with time.

What materials did you guys use for Oral Boards? Got through the written, now getting nervous about the orals!!

Agree with above. Plus refresh things you might forget like staging.