Congratulations!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted171991

To all the folks graduating today, or in the last two weeks, from an anesthesia residency or fellowship: :claps: and :highfive: and :clap: and :hardy: and :banana: and :prof:.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone. pgg, a doff of the cap to you, sir, for making it happen at this stage of the game. You won't regret it.

Congrats to all.

PS. Status change! :)
Congratulations to you, too. May they appreciate you as much as we all know you deserve.

P.S. I have changed my status, too. Now I can post again with "gravitas". :)

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks. Just finished fellowship. Start work in a few weeks. I'm very nervous. Do I know enough? How will I function in my first code?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. Just finished fellowship. Start work in a few weeks. I'm very nervous. Do I know enough? How will I function in my first code?

Not sure if you did CCM or any other fellowship, but based on what I've witnessed, in intraop codes it certainly isn't the surgeon who could critique you, and if in the unit sure there are exceptions but on avg I'd take an anesthesia trained attending over a medicine trained one. You'll be fine.

i think we're all in your boat. i'm nervous AS HECK. what if i can't get the echo probe in??? (that is seriously one of my biggest concerns). what if i'm given two heart rooms and both come off pump at the same time? uy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. What kind of offers are new grads getting? How is the market in desirable areas?

Started CT fellowship. Well, orientation, anyway. Won't be long before I'm taping the tube the wrong way. ;)
What would possess you to do such a thing?

Just messin wich ya.

How long have you been out of residency?

7 years. I have an appointment with FFP to re-evaluate the decision in January, when the days are cold and dark and short. :)
I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the entire endeavor after a few months.

Good for you. As fast as the years are going by these days you be done in no time.

7 years. I have an appointment with FFP to re-evaluate the decision in January, when the days are cold and dark and short. :)
Where you are now, I think you will know in 3 months whether you still like your decision or not. My money is on yes, because you seem the hard-working keep-your-mouth-shut type (which I am probably not).

My tolerance for trainee crap (not scut, just being treated like I know much less, while witnessing suboptimal care from the same attendings) has been getting low lately, despite me thinking I can take anything as long as I do what I like. I guess it's tough to teach an old dog anything, when one is used to teaching puppies.

I agree with Noyac: the year will pass in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to everyone that finished! Just finished CVT, it definitely wasn't a blink of an eye, but it certainly passed by fast ;)

Where you are now, I think you will know in 3 months whether you still like your decision or not. My money is on yes, because you seem the hard-working keep-your-mouth-shut type (which I am probably not).

My tolerance for trainee crap (not scut, just being treated like I know much less, while witnessing suboptimal care from the same attendings) has been getting low lately, despite me thinking I can take anything as long as I do what I like. I guess it's tough to teach an old dog anything, when one is used to teaching puppies.

I agree with Noyac: the year will pass in a blink of an eye.

You went back and did CCM, correct? Was it worth it? Aside from giving you extra skills and knowledge, did it get you a better job? Would you do it again?

Oh, and congrats. :claps:

You went back and did CCM, correct? Was it worth it? Aside from giving you extra skills and knowledge, did it get you a better job? Would you do it again?

Oh, and congrats. :claps:
Thanks. I'll tell you in 1-2 years. Right now, I am not sure it was worth the investment (despite the fact that I am a much better physician and anesthesiologist due to it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks. I'll tell you in 1-2 years. Right now, I am not sure it was worth the investment (despite the fact that I am a much better physician and anesthesiologist due to it).
It is seriously unfortunate that climate in which we work doesn't necessarily reward better docs. Life ain't fair and all, but it'd be nice to know that you'd be rewarded (in other than personal satisfaction) after tacking on another year of training. I don't think that should be the determining factor re:whether or not someone pursues a fellowship, more I'm just issuing an indictment of the times.

It is seriously unfortunate that climate in which we work doesn't necessarily reward better docs. Life ain't fair and all, but it'd be nice to know that you'd be rewarded (in other than personal satisfaction) after tacking on another year of training. I don't think that should be the determining factor re:whether or not someone pursues a fellowship, more I'm just issuing an indictment of the times.

Seems like peds people get paid less for pursuing a fellowship. They are such saints.

the ct guys in my place take 5 x more call and make 30 thousand dollars more than me.. Not worth it. Plus all the hoop jumping, pissing contests with the surgeons, long ass cases... they can have it..

Reactions: 1 users
the ct guys in my place take 5 x more call and make 30 thousand dollars more than me.. Not worth it. Plus all the hoop jumping, pissing contests with the surgeons, long ass cases... they can have it..
I think it's been well established that your group would be a bad place for any of us to seek employment. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

That's not typical in the CT job market.
Why on earth do those people stay there?

To all the folks graduating today, or in the last two weeks, from an anesthesia residency or fellowship: :claps: and :highfive: and :clap: and :hardy: and :banana: and :prof:.

Yeah, congrats. Now the true misery begins........

Because there are more anesthesiologists than good jobs in many parts of the country.

Maybe in pockets, but that is awful for CT. Everything is a trade off too I suppose. I hate in house call and OB, so I'll suffer with those other things to avoid those.