Considered as same or different courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringdoc134

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could try asking your institution. How would we know how they will accept the course? It will depend on the registrar/records and your advisor (They may be able to sign off stating that they overlap enough to count).

You could try asking your institution. How would we know how they will accept the course? It will depend on the registrar/records and your advisor (They may be able to sign off stating that they overlap enough to count).
I have already emailed my advisor at my alma mater, but it'll probably be another few days before I hear back. Maybe I just misinterpreted your post (correct me if I'm wrong), but I just want to know how these two courses (@ two different institutions) will be counted in the AMCAS sGPA calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already emailed my advisor at my alma mater, but it'll probably be another few days before I hear back. Maybe I just misinterpreted your post (correct me if I'm wrong), but I just want to know how these two courses (@ two different institutions) will be counted in the AMCAS sGPA calculations.
Since AMCAS doesn't do grade replacement, even if you took the exact same course twice, both would count.

okay, that's a better question, asking how they might be counted in your AMCAS.

of course, officially, it would be best to ask AAMC directly

but I'd imagine they'd be counted as separate.

herp a derp. this. it's too early for me to function lol.
I'm a little foggy this morning as well haha

Since AMCAS doesn't do grade replacement, even if you took the exact same course twice, both would count.
What I'm taking away from this post is that I should take it if I'm pretty confident that I can crush intro to stats?...and also because these two courses are offered by two different departments (with at the very least some variation)

take it if you need it. if you don't need it, just take something else IMO. a single course won't impact your sGPA that much.

take it if you need it. if you don't need it, just take something else IMO. a single course won't impact your sGPA that much.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
____ OP

I have the same situation with the general chemistry course I retook. Since the credit transferred to my new college (from the first time I took the class), I got a grade for the retake, but got awarded 0 credits. I abused the registrar for 30 minutes (trying to understand the world of academic records). They told me to contact AMCAS, and as myself. They said the best thing they could do for me was to write AMCAS a letter, when I apply, explaining why I received 0 credits.

I've already graduated, bro. your post is irrelevant

My bad, it's sGPA vs cGPA thing. I think AMCAS is the only ones who can answer course classification answers. That's what I gathered from my searches on SDN.

But still, call or go to your registrar. I think the relevant question will be how the new course will be reported on your transcript. If grade X is reported with Y credits, just classify it however you want on AMCAS, and spin the wheel of fortune.

Last edited: