Constant worry applying to pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcambay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello good morning!

For the past few months, I've been reading several threads about misdemeanors and constant worries about being accepted to any graduate program. First off, I believe that negative and positive experiences shape the person you are today. Although it is inevitable to regret, it's also as important to accept the decisions one has made and continue on with their lives to prove who you really are.

I am in my last and final quarter and currently have a 3.348 cumulative GPA, 3.200 bio, 3.4 chem and 3.6 in pharmaceutical science majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am 100 percent sure that I want to pursue pharmacy as my career. I am currently in a pre-health professional fraternity, 1 year of research , volunteered at a independent pharmacy and now hired as a clerk, currently have my pharmacy tech license and recently employed at target as a pharmacy tech. Also, the first outpatient pharmacy volunteer at the children's hospital of orange country and a coordinator for freshman program. I think I have a lot of applicable things I can bring to the table as I apply for a pharmacy school. Here comes the problem...

About last year, I made a decision that has forced me to take a year off and try to prove myself. I was caught at the student bookstore for shoplifting a phone case. I don't know what was going through my mind but boy have a learned. It's on my school record and I payed a fee of 300 but I was not arrested nor on my criminal record. I even had a livescan last august which is past the incident so I know for sure that it isn't on my record. I hope to go to USC but I am just scared that my GPA isn't high enough and this incident can totally effect it.

I remember looking at pharmcas last year but then I saw the statement that if I had anything on my record and blah blah that is documented at the university, please explain. What could I do...

Thanks for your time everyone, it's seriously much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, at our school u can have the transcript notation removed after 180 days. Maybe check into that. If you can, then I wouldn't disclose it on pharmcas.

hey @rxphd thanks for responding. Yeah so I just called the student affairs and made an appointment to actually see what's on my record. Hoping somehow... it got erased haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk to your dean of students and ask if you can get it expunged once you graduate.

Alright, so I just had a meeting with the student conduct office and they showed me my file. I asked if there was anyway that I could get it expunged but then the person said no and they keep it on file for more than seven years. i've realized that I have to accept this and just move on. I just hope they look past this and my extra curricular's show that I've shaped up.

If it's not a criminal record and just on a school record why would you have to report it to pharmcas? It just seems like an internal record for your school so once you graduate, would it even matter?

If it's not a criminal record and just on a school record why would you have to report it to pharmcas? It just seems like an internal record for your school so once you graduate, would it even matter?

I am wondering if the record would show up on the official transcript ??

You should order a copy of your official transcript for yourself and see. You might be worrying about nothing.

Thanks for responding guys but I remember on Pharmcas (last cycle) that this question popped up

"Were you ever the recipient of any action(e.g., a grade lowering penalty, failing grade, disqualification, suspension, probation, dismissal, etc.) by any faculty member, college, or university, PharmCAS or health licensing board for academic or professional misconduct (e.g., cheating, plagiarism, harassment, misuse of university facilities, stealing destroying or damaging university property etc.)?"

So this scared me away from applying because I felt like my resume just wasn't good enough. I'm pretty sure that it is in my record and that I would have to report this.