Contacting admission staff before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AT89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you for answering...
I feel like I am walking a thin line here, I talked to a professor about my interest in dental school. Then my professor contacted (she told me she was going to) someone in the dental school (I don't know the rank of this person) from the school that I want to get in. The professor CC me in the email.
This person addressed directly to me in the email as well, and told me just to make an appointment for an info session. Not an appointment with her, just to an info session. Their info sessions are Fridays, and I have a very important class on Friday's (Calculus...).
I don't know, what I should do???
I feel like I should ditch my class (my math professor gives what will be exactly on the exam, so no attending is very risky...). Yet, I am a post-bac student, I am trying to finish my prerequisites.... I am done with everything except Orgo1 (currently taking), and 2. Physics. GPA: 3.7.... Current C in ORGO--- so school is way more important right now.
I still have 1 semester before applying, I haven't taken the DAT. I feel like meeting with them now would be a waste of their time and my time. I just don't want them to feel like I am not interested. I haven't emailed the person back, I just don't know what to do. This application thing is so freaking confusing, and subjective I think.

Members don't see this ad.

Tell them that that date does not fit in your schedule.

Contacting schools is fine, but don't expect it to catapult you into top priority when they start reviewing applications.

Reactions: 1 user
Tell them that that date does not fit in your schedule.

Contacting schools is fine, but don't expect it to catapult you into top priority when they start reviewing applications.

Thanks, I'll do that. Oh yes, I understand that going does not mean a thing, that's exactly why I am more concerned about my grades than going to an info session.

I'd tell them that you cannot make Friday's because you have class and ask if they know anyone else that you can get in contact with to discuss their program. I highly doubt saying you can't skip class is going to reflect poorly on you.