Contacting Admissions after secondary submission!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vana0012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my whole application is in and I have submitted 20/24 secondaries. I was wondering if anyone contacts admissions after they submitted their secondaries? I want to show the schools I applied to that I really want to go there. Is there a way to do this constructively or do most people just end up waiting for admissions to invite them for an interview or reject them?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to ask a related question... how soon is too soon to do this? I *love* Wright State, but they don't give a lot of OOS love, and the secondary doesn't have essays. I don't know how else to show them that I'm genuinely interested. But I don't want to do it too early.

I feel like I would be annoying the adcom if I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools that didn't send you an "application complete" message you could message and double check that they received all your information and that the application is in fact complete. Other than that, give it a little bit. Interviews haven't even been sent out yet :) wait and see where you are in a month or two before sending LoI's. Just my opinion, though.

I would either

1. wait until you have something interesting to write an update about

2. wait until someone on SDN reports an II from the school (meaning that they have started looking at applications seriously)

Don't do this.
I was wondering if anyone contacts admissions after they submitted their secondaries? I want to show the schools I applied to that I really want to go there. Is there a way to do this constructively or do most people just end up waiting for admissions to invite them for an interview or reject them?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
The only reason to contact the admissions office at this point is if you have a technical problem with submission of your application.
You don't want to go into the snowflake file this early.

Reactions: 2 users
Some schools (like UCSD) aren't receptive to updates and Letter of intents

Some schools welcome LOI, other don't. Make sure you find out what the school's policy is, or else, you'll come across as someone who is so entitled as to think the rules don't apply to them, or is someone who can't follow simple instructions.

In this game, patience is a virtue.

So my whole application is in and I have submitted 20/24 secondaries. I was wondering if anyone contacts admissions after they submitted their secondaries? I want to show the schools I applied to that I really want to go there. Is there a way to do this constructively or do most people just end up waiting for admissions to invite them for an interview or reject them?

ALL people who want to go to medical school are genuinely interested in their schools! They get that.
I was going to ask a related question... how soon is too soon to do this? I *love* Wright State, but they don't give a lot of OOS love, and the secondary doesn't have essays. I don't know how else to show them that I'm genuinely interested. But I don't want to do it too early.