Contacting the program you matched with...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDAB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Congrats to those who matched! Good luck to all those scrambling!

For those who matched, what's the etiquette on contacting the program you matched with? Is it reasonable to send them an email saying you're happy to have been matched with them, etc.? Or should I just wait for them to contact me?

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who matched! Good luck to all those scrambling!

For those who matched, what's the etiquette on contacting the program you matched with? Is it reasonable to send them an email saying you're happy to have been matched with them, etc.? Or should I just wait for them to contact me?

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated!

I answered this in the match thread, but I'd wait until tomorrow.

I would wait until they contacted you.

Members don't see this ad :)
My program actually contacted me by phone this morning and left me voicemail. I called them back later in the day and expressed how excited I was to have matched with them. They said they will follow up in the next few days with email and snail mail documents.

Had they not contacted me today, I would have done as the previous poster suggested, and emailed the program director the next day.

I haven't heard anything yet, but if I don't hear anything by Fri. then I'll send the program a note. We have 3.5 months to go to start and I think the contract has to be out w/i 30 days of the match so there's plenty of time.