Contemplating going PA if this cycle is unproductive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woltej1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is my second go around. I've put in thousands of hours of more experience and 6 points on my MCAT to boost my app and so far I've been wait listed. If I do not get in, I'm thinking of applying to PA school. What are your thoughts on how this would be perceived and the best way to go about it. I've had a lot of experience with PA already so gaining more experience with them shouldn't be an issue.

P.S. I'd say my biggest downfalls at this point was I graduated undergrad in 2012 and have been in the med school application since then so I haven't been in a classroom for a while.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So this is my second go around. I've put in thousands of hours of more experience and 6 points on my MCAT to boost my app and so far I've been wait listed. If I do not get in, I'm thinking of applying to PA school. What are your thoughts on how this would be perceived and the best way to go about it. I've had a lot of experience with PA already so gaining more experience with them shouldn't be an issue.

Is that you in your picture?

Reactions: 1 user