Content Knowledge for Psychology/Sociology Lacking... Signed up for MCAT on Sept 10th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a lot of difficulty with the vocabulary and concepts from the Psychology/Sociology section. I feel like I'm guessing half the time on what I might think would be the right answer...

What might be the best way to improve content knowledge in a short amount of time?
I current plan is to look up as many terms as I can from the practice questions and watch some Khan videos on the most confusing topics.

Signed up for the 9/10 MCAT date, but hard to delay since the next one is in 2017...

Got through 3/7 chapters of the psychology book from TBR and nothing for sociology for the MCAT but have watched a few videos from Khan Academy.

Took the section bank on P/S and got:
4/6 correct on Biology (67%)
39/69 Psychology (57%)
16/25 Sociology (64%)

and

Skill 1: Knowledge of Scientific Concepts and Principles was my weakest subject (25/48 correct, 52%)

Took the Scored AAMC Practice Exam 1 and got 125 (40/59 correct, 68%) on this section

Planning on taking the unscored exam and official MCAT guide questions too before the official test date.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: