contralateral oblique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
CLO cervical ESI.jpg
Been using it like many of you for some time now.

Today (image posted), I noticed something I have never noticed before. After looking at some of the CLO articles and cartoons - it is really cool - but I can't find anywhere that anyone talks specifically about it.

And that is - your camera is a perfect shot down the contralateral foramen. You see it perfectly. That is pretty cool. I wonder if this could be used as a safe apporach to SNRB or TFESI in the neck.

I'm sure most of you have completely noticed this before - I am usually looking at the interlaminar line and contrast patern and needle tip - I just haven't noticed the wide open contralateral foramen.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My new approach to get medicine into the right gutter. I used to start right paramedian and contralateral oblique left however my ****ty c-arm can't oblique far enough so now I'm coming in from the left and crossing midline. The ipsilateral oblique view is freaky! Nice right sided spread though
20150311_170151.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
If you bring your c arm in from the top rather than the side you don't have any limitations on oblique

If you bring your c arm in from the top rather than the side you don't have any limitations on oblique
Yeah good idea but we can't fit the c-arm at the head of the table unfortunately

Yeah good idea but we can't fit the c-arm at the head of the table unfortunately

One of the problems with squeezing a c-arm into a room barely large enough.

I very unfortunately don’t have fluoro in my office. I’ve had lots of office based procedure sales people try to convince me it’s doable. I need a larger office not a Carm jammed in the corner of a room with no ability to get the views I need to be safe.