controlled substance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacat78

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work as an intern for CVS. We need pt's driver license for all the controls. It is hard to tell if a drug is a controlled substance or not. Does anyone know where can I find a complete list of all the controlled substance (brand vs.generic)?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you need the drivers license at drop off or pick-up? This is not a national law or an official CVS policy. This is restricted to your store or you area.

I work as an intern for CVS. We need pt's driver license for all the controls. It is hard to tell if a drug is a controlled substance or not. Does anyone know where can I find a complete list of all the controlled substance (brand vs.generic)?

Thank you.

On the blue label there should be a "C" preceding the Rx# in the upper right for all controlled substances (C-3 and C-4, I think...). "N" precedes C-2's.

Double check this with your PIC, i'm not sure if C-4 pops up that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also it will vary from state to state as to what is a controlled substance and what isn't, so if you do find a list make sure its specific to your state.

Do you need the drivers license at drop off or pick-up? This is not a national law or an official CVS policy. This is restricted to your store or you area.

Oddly enough today I stopped by the CVS in Rittenhouse Sq. and they had a sign that said all C-II's required a DL to p/u. Yesterday I was at the store on 11th/Market and they didn't have such a sign.

Weird because that latter store is pretty ghetto while the former is in a gentrified area, and they're roughly 7 blocks apart. So I guess the policy is on a store-by-store basis.

Oddly enough today I stopped by the CVS in Rittenhouse Sq. and they had a sign that said all C-II's required a DL to p/u. Yesterday I was at the store on 11th/Market and they didn't have such a sign.

Weird because that latter store is pretty ghetto while the former is in a gentrified area, and they're roughly 7 blocks apart. So I guess the policy is on a store-by-store basis.

So are you in Philly or California?????

the list is really long, you just have to memorize all the common narcotics and controlled substance.
vicodin, percocet, oxycontin, valium, xanax, etc.

just remember them, no short cut.

the list is really long, you just have to memorize all the common narcotics and controlled substance.
vicodin, percocet, oxycontin, valium, xanax, etc.

just remember them, no short cut.

So basically the most frequently abused RX drugs based on the list given.

If the License is required for pick-up the C/N in front of the RX number is the best way to tell for sure.

BTW, the C does show up for all CIII-CV