Convert from Spectacle RX to Contact Lens RX

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plumber007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to convert the following from spectacles RX to contact RX.
OD:- Sphere -2.75 Cylinder -3.00 Axis 7

Is it ok to assume 172 as 170 and 7 as 10? Also I am confused if I should deduct 0.5 or 0.25 from -5. What would be the lens prescription? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably start with,

pl-2.00X180
pl-4.00X180

That said, the left eye has more cyl. than any non-custom soft toric contact lens of which I know can correct. I thus may consider a rigid lens — at least for the left eye — instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to convert the following from spectacles RX to contact RX.
OD:- Sphere -2.75 Cylinder -3.00 Axis 7

Is it ok to assume 172 as 170 and 7 as 10? Also I am confused if I should deduct 0.5 or 0.25 from -5. What would be the lens prescription? Thanks in advance

Approximatly -2.75 - 2.50 axis 7 for the right eye and -4.75 -0.75 axis 172 in the left.

I think you misread the question. the response you gave is not matching up.

Whoops. I read the beginning of the prescription, and thought the poster wrote "sphere" in place of "plano," by accident. :oops:

Sounds like someone is trying to order contact lenses without an contact lens prescription

Reactions: 1 user
[If you are asking if those 2 degrees are important on the axis, the answer is yes! I'll explain why degrees are so important:

At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. #EveryDegreeMatters

Reactions: 1 user
[If you are asking if those 2 degrees are important on the axis, the answer is yes! I'll explain why degrees are so important:

At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water, comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. #EveryDegreeMatters

:confused:

Approximatly -2.75 - 2.50 axis 7 for the right eye and -4.75 -0.75 axis 172 in the left.
Yeah, but axis 7 for the right eye can be assumed as 180 and so can the left one. But yeah you are right. Thanks