Cookie cutter application: 3.7 cGPA 3.7 sGPA 37 Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DontBanMeBro

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to see what schools I would want to be looking into.

3.7 cGPA , 3.7 sGPA
37 (14 PS, 11 VR, 12 BS)

cookie cutter EC's... EMS for 4 years, officer of community health club, private pilot's license training, shadowed a EM doc, allergist, orthopedic surgeon, and hospitalist. no research, have not asked for LoR's but have not forged any real connections with faculty because I transferred. i hope the name of my school helps (ivy league) but i know its not the most important factor. i am planning on applying next cycle but I would like to see where I stand and whether I really need to step up my EC's.

also, i shadowed a professor at Penn State Medical Center and i hope I might have some pull through him.

I forgot to add, I'm a NY resident

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi

3.7 cGPA , 3.7 sGPA
37 (14 PS, 11 VR, 12 BS)

cookie cutter EC's... EMS for 4 years, officer of community health club, private pilot's license training, shadowed a EM doc, allergist, orthopedic surgeon, and hospitalist. no research, have not asked for LoR's but have not forged any real connections with faculty because I transferred. i hope the name of my school helps (ivy league) but i know its not the most important factor. i am planning on applying next cycle but I would like to see where I stand and whether I really need to step up my EC's.

also, i shadowed a professor at Penn State Medical Center and i hope I might have some pull through him.

EC's sound pretty good. What you need is to get on those LoRs. Can you possibly get some from the school you transferred from?

Hi

3.7 cGPA , 3.7 sGPA
37 (14 PS, 11 VR, 12 BS)

Hey man so just to make a list of appropriate schools a lot of people use the LizzyM score. Based on your gpa and mcat your score is 75. Which is really good. According to the School selector spreadsheet I have you should be fine with any top tier school other than WashU. So my advice would be to look into Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Duke, Baylor, NYU, Columbia University, Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great numbers; Aim high. You're great for all NY and PA schools, for one.

Hi

3.7 cGPA , 3.7 sGPA
37 (14 PS, 11 VR, 12 BS)

The Ivy will help the 3.7 not be frowned upon by top tiers.

Apply broadly, aim high.

Status
Not open for further replies.