Coporate Controls the Temperature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rukn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They need to start teaching that corporate regulates store temperature when they teach that the hypothalamus regulates body temperature

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They need to start teaching that corporate regulates store temperature when they teach that the hypothalamus regulates body temperature
Something wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
You control the temp at Walgreens

The night cvs front store supervisor used to complain that cvs shut off the heat during the night to save money and help air out the building.

If you are referring to CVS being to hot in the pharmacy. You can always call corporate and beg for some air conditioning or..........get a hair dryer off the shelf and blow it on the thermostat in the pharmacy. after 3 or 4 minutes the air will come on for a period of time. May have to do it 3 or 4 times in a day but it works

If you are referring to CVS being to hot in the pharmacy. You can always call corporate and beg for some air conditioning or..........get a hair dryer off the shelf and blow it on the thermostat in the pharmacy. after 3 or 4 minutes the air will come on for a period of time. May have to do it 3 or 4 times in a day but it works
Just get a thermometer at the highest/hottest point and let them know all your medications will have to be sent to Genco as damaged if they aren't brought to "standard room temperature" very soon.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a phone number you can call if it is hot in the pharmacy (if CVS). They don't do anything but at least you feel good about calling.

I used to have a little desktop fan next to my computer.

Yeah hair dryer works, conversely if it's too cold, you can take a slightly damp napkin and drape it over the thermostat. Evaporative effects will locally cool around the napkin and kick up the heat.

Works until the napkin dries out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ahh the luxuries of retail... sweating in a 80 degree enclosed box with a window on it (microwaving your ass) while some doosh sits at 67 degrees on a Tempur-Pedic chair in his office controlling your temperature. Great stuff to look forward to class of 2020.

Having to wear a lab jacket makes it feel even hotter. My cvs sup was strict about wanting everyone to wear one.

I was under the impression that the upper limit of room temperature is 77 degrees. Wouldn't 80 degrees be a violation of drug storage standards according to the FDA?

I was under the impression that the upper limit of room temperature is 77 degrees. Wouldn't 80 degrees be a violation of drug storage standards according to the FDA?

Interestingly enough when our AC went out during the summer my old PIC sent an email to the DM threatening to start expiring medications because they could not "in good faith dispense medications stored at temperatures above the product labeling".

We had temporary AC units in the store by later that evening.

Interestingly enough when our AC went out during the summer my old PIC sent an email to the DM threatening to start expiring medications because they could not "in good faith dispense medications stored at temperatures above the product labeling".

We had temporary AC units in the store by later that evening.
What kind of time limit do you think is reasonable though? You always hear about the "temporary excursions permitted" when you receive an order with totes that are either cold or warm to the touch upon arrival. How long would something have to be at 80 degrees before you actually junked it?

One time the truck came and the day shift doesn't touch it and the night rph that week was a fill in who didn't touch it. Wasn't opened until the next week's night rph came in. They had to damage out the refrigerator totes. Unbelievably lazy techs and rphs there.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't damage out things like insulin if it sat for a day or so as long as it didn't get above room temp. If it's baking at 90 degrees all day in some back room it's getting damaged out.

It really just depends on the drug and room temp vs hot

One time the truck came and the day shift doesn't touch it and the night rph that week was a fill in who didn't touch it. Wasn't opened until the next week's night rph came in. They had to damage out the refrigerator totes. Unbelievably lazy techs and rphs there.
Did we work in the same district? Doesn't surprise me a bit.

That's crazy. Even if there is no time to put up everything, it doesn't take that long to put up refrigerated totes. That should be a priority.

That's crazy. Even if there is no time to put up everything, it doesn't take that long to put up refrigerated totes. That should be a priority.

Maybe they were flu shots. I would have put away all the insulin and what not, but leave any vaccines to ruin.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

What kind of time limit do you think is reasonable though? You always hear about the "temporary excursions permitted" when you receive an order with totes that are either cold or warm to the touch upon arrival. How long would something have to be at 80 degrees before you actually junked it?

This was after no response or action from emails days prior. Sometimes you need to speak the corporate language ($$$) to get a reaction.

You'd have to contact the manufacturer to find out what excursions they permit. Some things like our phenylephrine eye drops are allowed 6 months out of the fridge, others like Imlygic are only allowed 60 seconds at room temp. Two somewhat extreme cases, but it's probably safe to say that you stock something in your pharmacy that can't be out of spec for very long and that HVAC better be fixed soon.