Cornell c/0 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last years thread someone got a call as late as 3pm...this waiting game is killing me :confused:

Same...wish I knew if they were finished or if calls were still being made

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't remember if I put my house phone or cell phone down on my application, and i'm back at school for the semester. So idk if they're calling my house phone or just not calling... :shrug:

Is today the only day they're calling for acceptances??

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, they usually only call over the course of one day (and after 5 pm it seems like I wouldn't count on anything). Then they'll send an e-mail probably ~Wednesday with all decisions

Yeah, they usually only call over the course of one day (and after 5 pm it seems like I wouldn't count on anything). Then they'll send an e-mail probably ~Wednesday with all decisions

I know not everyone who applied is on here but still seems like a small number who have received calls, or maybe that is just me

Does anyone think they may have more calls to make and might do it tomorrow? Trying to stay optimistic...

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!!! I never got the phone call (i went on a hike this morning to clear my head of worry, and i must have gone out of service range) -- but after freaking out for several hours, i finally checked my voicemail just in case -- best voice message I've ever received!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
For those asking about west coast vs east coast, they don't do it in a particular geographic or alphabetical order.

Last year they did take a break for lunch and then resume calls afterwards.

If you missed the call, accepted students still get an email when everyone else gets their emails.

West coast here, received my call at around 10am pst. Super excited !! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Just got a phone call...accepted!

Edit: She did tell me she waited to call me because of my time zone. I am in Hawaii standard time. OOS.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

To everyone that didn't get an acceptance call today (which includes myself), stay positive! I'm disappointed right now too, but disappointment won't get us anywhere.

The alternate list hasn't come out yet (which they send out with the rejection/acceptance) letters, so there's still plenty of reason to stay hopeful!

Reactions: 5 users
So if no phone call today does that mean we probably didn't get in? Do any IS students mind sharing their STATS?

So if no phone call today does that mean we probably didn't get in? Do any IS students mind sharing their STATS?
Or OOS too please! And congrats to everyone that got acceptances today!

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted my stats in the successful applicants thread of you want to take a look.

I posted my stats in the successful applicants thread of you want to take a look.

Just read your stats. As someone who didn't get a call today and is really upset about it, I'm glad you did over me.

Reactions: 3 users
Just read your stats. As someone who didn't get a call today and is really upset about it, I'm glad you did over me.
Thank you for that. Be proud of what you've accomplished so far and keep your head up. With wait lists and a lot of decisions still to be made you never know what's going to happen.

did they call your cell phone or home phone? I missed a restricted number on my home phone but I would expect them to call cell phones so I dont want to get my hopes up :(. also in previous years were all the accepted calls made in one day or over the course of a few days?

did they call your cell phone or home phone? I missed a restricted number on my home phone but I would expect them to call cell phones so I dont want to get my hopes up :(. also in previous years were all the accepted calls made in one day or over the course of a few days?

They make all their calls on the same day. They would have called whatever number you put down? If you missed the call, unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for the email in a couple days.

I just got the email with the link to the decision letters. It's great to actually see the letter and have proof. I've had the thought pass my mind the past few days that this was all just one big elaborate prank and I wasn't actually excepted.

Does anyone know if the information sessions are strictly for the admitted students or if we can bring parents/significant others? Thanks.

OOS alternate! definitely going to one of the accepted students days!!

OOS alternate! :)

Hopefully will be attending the January 29th session!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS alternate too! Still shocked it wasn't a rejection!! and Jan 29th session too!

Reactions: 5 users
anyone know how much the alternate list moves or how many people are on it?

Hello fellow alternates! Anyone know if they tell us our number?

I just got the email with the link to the decision letters. It's great to actually see the letter and have proof. I've had the thought pass my mind the past few days that this was all just one big elaborate prank and I wasn't actually excepted.
NO JOKE! Impostor syndrome was happening. I was expecting a nice apology letter about how they screwed up my name with someone else.

Last edited:
Officially denied a seat (got the email/letter this morning). I honestly wasn't expecting a seat; Cornell is a tough(er) school to get into. :/ Congrats to all of those who did get seats though!! :)

NO JOKE! Impostor syndrome was happening. I was expecting a nice apology letter about how they screwed up my name with someone else.

I got a call this morning from a NY number and didn't pick up bc I thought it was a spam call. Then the same number called my house phone and I had a very fleeting (and yes somewhat paranoid) thought that maybe Cornell was calling to say it was a mistake on Monday. So, I called back and it was a telemarketer but at least I was able to unsubscribe from their list. Damn telemarketers.

I'm also an OOS alternate. I just called admissions and they stated that they do not provide candidates with their position on the waitlist.

I'm also an OOS alternate. I just called admissions and they stated that they do not provide candidates with their position on the waitlist.
They didn't say how many were on the wait list either did they?

Also an alternate. I'll take it!

OOS alternate. Happy to not be rejected! Congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if the information sessions are strictly for the admitted students or if we can bring parents/significant others? Thanks.

It depends on which part of the accepted students event, and they might have added some group size restrictions due to the construction. I think you can bring people to the info session and tour, but the mock problem-based-learning session is just for prospective students. I'm sure that if you can't find the answer in the info they sent, you can email Jennifer Mailey and ask!

OOS alternate too, which I was very excited to receive! I will be attending one of the informational sessions and hope that I get to meet a few of you!

I have been denied!
It was a shot in the dark kind of application though. I figured why the heck not.

I am also an OOS alternate, which is exciting considering how competitive Cornell is!

Congrats to everyone : )

Anyone know if Cornell makes you track? I know Kansas and Tufts don't do tracking and Penn does but haven't been able to find Cornell.

Has anyone confirmed with admissions yet about whether or not we are allowed to bring family/SO's on the tour/info session? I just figured I would ask here before I call them. Can't wait to meet everyone! :clap:

Has anyone confirmed with admissions yet about whether or not we are allowed to bring family/SO's on the tour/info session? I just figured I would ask here before I call them. Can't wait to meet everyone! :clap:
I haven't, but could you post what you find out? I was planning on probably bringing someone! Thanks!

Thank you bigreddog for the info on tracking.

For bringing along family/a friend, I was told it depends on the space available. You can email them and be added to a list.

I have officially accepted my offer of admissions and am proud to be a future member of the class of 2020. Has anyone else accepted? I'm excited to get up there on January 29 for the info session.

I have officially accepted my offer of admissions and am proud to be a future member of the class of 2020. Has anyone else accepted? I'm excited to get up there on January 29 for the info session.
I haven't officially accepted because I have an interview at another school to attend at the end of this month, however I'm leaning towards Cornell at the moment. I'm weighing financial options and opportunities right now. I was confident in my capability of being accepted to a veterinary school, but I still never thought I would be in a position to deliberate over different veterinary schools, lol.