Cornell's Early Acceptance Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting on this forum, after browsing through what seems like hundreds of threads. As an aspiring veterinarian, I am just wondering if anyone has had any experiences applying to Cornell Vet School's Early Acceptance Program. How competitive is it and what makes a potential candidate "stand out"? I am currently in my last year of secondary school, and I have the option of either going straight to vet school in the UK, or taking the American route by getting a bachelor's degree first. However, the Early Acceptance Program at Cornell sounds very appealing... and if I do choose to go to America, I would love to be admitted a year earlier :3

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting on this forum, after browsing through what seems like hundreds of threads. As an aspiring veterinarian, I am just wondering if anyone has had any experiences applying to Cornell Vet School's Early Acceptance Program. How competitive is it and what makes a potential candidate "stand out"? I am currently in my last year of secondary school, and I have the option of either going straight to vet school in the UK, or taking the American route by getting a bachelor's degree first. However, the Early Acceptance Program at Cornell sounds very appealing... and if I do choose to go to America, I would love to be admitted a year earlier :3

Thanks in advance!
I have no idea about Cornell's EAP, but I was in Oklahoma State's EAP, and it practically did the exact same thing. It was pretty competitive (you had to apply as a freshman, we only had 20 students make it) and it was hard to stay in- you had to keep a 3.5 semesterly GPA (which I lost when I took ochem my sophomore year). Overall it was worth it! I liked it, despite the fact that I couldn't stay in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile