COSGP OMM Student Perspective Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meliora27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please take this opportunity to destroy OMM and all of it's flaws. Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe we can use this to get rid of cranial

Reactions: 1 users
Do not destroy all of OMM, just divorce the mindless dogma (cranial sacral, bioenergetics, etc...) from the beneficial aspects (HVLA, Muscle energy,etc..). It definitely is a century over due for an overhaul.

Reactions: 1 user
survey doesn't work when anyone can take it

Do not destroy all of OMM, just divorce the mindless dogma (cranial sacral, bioenergetics, etc...) from the beneficial aspects (HVLA, Muscle energy,etc..). It definitely is a century over due for an overhaul.

I agree with the sentiment but would also add cervical HVLA to the mindless dogma... there's lots of data (AAO review but there are lots elsewhere) on rare but real strokes from it, mostly from chiros but also from DOs, and little evidence on efficacy. Risk without proven benefit = mindless dogma imo, though some will argue a beneficial effect of cervical HVLA on chronic neck pain, but try comparing it to placebo or even non HVLA manipulation...

There are some OMM faculty at my school who believe in cranial and Chapman's Points and with all their hearts. They would be heartbroken if these things were removed from the curriculum and thus would fight it tooth and nail.

Anyone know if the data from this survey will ever be made public? What is COSGP planning on doing with the information?

There are some OMM faculty at my school who believe in cranial and Chapman's Points and with all their hearts. They would be heartbroken if these things were removed from the curriculum and thus would fight it tooth and nail.
Every OMM faculty has these people. They are part of the problem. Instead of fighting this tooth and nail, perhaps they should start thinking up creative ways to prove these technique's validity.

Last edited: