Countdown to Match Day 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Family Medicine. I know that makes my chances even better, but it gets more and more competitive every year.

Members don't see this ad.

Weird, my first response took a little long to register

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sweating it out, too. I interviewed at more than 17 places bit I still am more anxious about Monday than next Friday.

So...you interviewed at 18? :p

17 and a half, I think :D
Haha. I also interviewed at around that many and also keep thinking of it as "so and so many days until I find out that I matched". In many cases, even if you end up at your last place you can find a way to be happy if you try.

Haha. I also interviewed at around that many and also keep thinking of it as "so and so many days until I find out that I matched". In many cases, even if you end up at your last place you can find a way to be happy if you try.
I would be super excited about my top 13, next three would fine, after that it would be a disappointment. But just matching in general is my biggest concern. I will make it work wherever as long as it's somewhere!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Another "NRMP 2015 SOAP Email" today at 9:01am. This is crazy 2 emails in / days. Got one yest, today, n will expect another tomorrow! MHope U guys okay?

Another "NRMP 2015 SOAP Email" today at 9:01am. This is crazy 2 emails in / days. Got one yest, today, n will expect another tomorrow! MHope U guys okay?

i ddin't get one yesterday. does this mean i won't match?? jay kay. but i really didn't get one yesterday, got one this AM though.

i ddin't get one yesterday. does this mean i won't match?? jay kay. but i really didn't get one yesterday, got one this AM though.

Everyone I know got it yest as well check ur spam around 6pm entitled "reminders for match week and soap"

One was from ERAS one was from NRMP. Say the same thing basically. Want to make sure we REALLY know this time lol

One was from ERAS one was from NRMP. Say the same thing basically. Want to make sure we REALLY know this time lol

Sorry just saw that. Yes the one today from ERAS and one yesterday from NRMP

My plan: rooftop at sunset (must not touch the computer till then), champagne in hand, with the hubby and kiddo...let's see where the next three years of our lives will be...

Best damn idea ever. Just spoke to my wife and we're gonna do something similar. We're gonna head to a place that has a lot of meaning to us and we'll find out there!

But we aren't gonna wait for sunset....are you crazy?!?

Thanks for the idea!

D.O. student here....school doesn't have a match day celebration (what a surprise) :eek:
This may sound crazy, but a friend and I didn't want to miss out on the festivities....so I designed custom pocket tee's (yes frat all the way) for us with match day 2015 on the front pocket and on the back it says "I Matched At..." and then has a blank line underneath that.. he's going to look at my email and me his...we will write in the program and present the shirt to each other. Nfl draft day style!should be fun. I mean match day only comes once a lifetime if we're lucky right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
D.O. student here....school doesn't have a match day celebration (what a surprise) :eek:
This may sound crazy, but a friend and I didn't want to miss out on the festivities....so I designed custom pocket tee's (yes frat all the way) for us with match day 2015 on the front pocket and on the back it says "I Matched At..." and then has a blank line underneath that.. he's going to look at my email and me his...should be fun. I mean match day only comes once a lifetime if we're lucky right?
thats a pretty awesome idea, im kind of jelly

This may sound crazy, but a friend and I didn't want to miss out on the festivities....so I designed custom pocket tee's (yes frat all the way) for us with match day 2015 on the front pocket and on the back it says "I Matched At..." and then has a blank line underneath that.. he's going to look at my email and me his...should be fun. I mean match day only comes once a lifetime if we're lucky right?

Haha hopefully we all with be lucky. It's interesting how you are planning festivities.

I'm in Chicago (obviously!) and I don't really know what I'll be doing if I match. Probably drinking so much I won't remember what I did.

ya I like that t shirt idea. Get a souvenir too! Haha

dont-keep-calm-only-7-days-to-go-1.png

Reactions: 3 users
Best damn idea ever. Just spoke to my wife and we're gonna do something similar. We're gonna head to a place that has a lot of meaning to us and we'll find out there!

But we aren't gonna wait for sunset....are you crazy?!?

Thanks for the idea!

Haha, yeah I know, its just that the hubby doesn't get home from work till evening...ahhh...7 more days!

SOAP Eligibility email at 11:55a; 5 mins before expected 12p

SOAP Eligibility email at 11:55a; 5 mins before expected 12p

Got mine at 10:57am.

Clearly this means that the early ones are going to match at their top choices. I heard that if you got it at 12pm or later, it means no match.

(Obviously joking, here.)

Clearly this means that the early ones are going to match at their top choices. I heard that if you got it at 12pm or later, it means no match.

upload_2015-3-13_18-13-58.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Browser issue so mine at 11:55aET. I got gmail

Dude, my wife is gone for the weekend and I get to actually sleep in on the weekend for the first time in months. I will take advantage.

Plus, I'm not much of a partier. I may spend some time getting reacquainted with my PS3 though

Just working my way through house of cards over here. Brilliant! Really impressed with these NetFlix Originals!
The more Frank gets his way, the less I'm interested. IMO the first season was best.

I'd HIGHLY recommend Fargo though. The TV show. Seriously nuts.

If you've failed step 2 and don't have a passing score at this point and you end up not matching next week, is there any hope for a match in the SOAP?

If you've failed step 2 and don't have a passing score at this point and you end up not matching next week, is there any hope for a match in the SOAP?

I mean....No. Was it a failed retake as well or just the score hasn't been reported yet?

I mean....No. Was it a failed retake as well or just the score hasn't been reported yet?

If the score isn't released yet, you think any hope? Seems odd that you could have a good chance in the match without a step 2 score but no chance in the SOAP.

Plus, I'm not much of a partier. I may spend some time getting reacquainted with my PS3 though
My husband managed to fix my laptop so it plays SWTOR again, so we spent the evening gaming together. I want to play through a few games during my vacation block.