Countdown to Match Day 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate the east coast.... awake for 6 hours before this. I guess California is good for something.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck guys!! I dont have a good feeling but i hope it turns out ok...

I hate the east coast.... awake for 6 hours before this. I guess California is good for something.
Hahaha I know. Can't believe I have to shadow in an elective clinic for the first half of the day before I find out.

why is there a lull in patient flow this morning...this is a morning where I need to stay busy...busy...busy...

7drHiqr.gif

Reactions: 3 users
A black cat crossed my path this morning on the way to work....ominous
I've become an expert at interpreting omens these past weeks. Either that or I'm losing my patience ha!

10 minutes...

Praise God

Reactions: 1 users
I love how NRMP like to tease with their subject lines: "Did I match?"
Just put yes/no in the subject.

And of course the NRMP website gets hammered as everyone tries to see if they would leak the match list again this year.

what are the different statements that you can get. I don't know what mine means.

Full match statement:

Congratulations! You have matched!
Check the NRMP® Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system on Friday, March 20, at 1:00 PM eastern time to find out where you matched. Because you are matched, you are not eligible to participate in the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®) and you will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs.

NRMP Staff
National Resident Matching Program®
2121 K Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20037

There will be a statement for "Not Match" and "Partial match"

ah! longest five minutes of my life...praise GOD I matched! Congrats to all!!

Reactions: 1 users
I am completely trying not to read too much into the fact that I don't have an email yet. Yup, Trying. Real. Hard.

Check spam? I'm sure it's just due to differences in email servers and whatnot. No reason for NRMP to withhold any emails.

Check spam? I'm sure it's just due to differences in email servers and whatnot. No reason for NRMP to withhold any emails.

Yeah, not there. if I don't get one in five minutes, I'll call the school. They would know by now right?

Got it! Matched! That was an unbelievable 18 minutes hahaha! Whew!

Reactions: 4 users
what are the different statements that you can get. I don't know what mine means.

Here's my notification:

Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position but not a preliminary-year position!

Here's my notification:

Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position but not a preliminary-year position!
You have to call the nmrp and they will tell you the city and state of the place you matched.

You have to call the nmrp and they will tell you the city and state of the place you matched.

I did...and you can't. That was bad information.

They will only give out the location of your partner in the couples match if you didn't match.

Got it! Matched! That was an unbelievable 18 minutes hahaha! Whew!
where was the email?
holy crap I would have been ****ting kittens if it took that long to get it. I got mine at 8:55.

where was the email?
holy crap I would have been ****ting kittens if it took that long to get it. I got mine at 8:55.

It was in my inbox - it just arrived late! I don't know why. Yea I was getting ready to call my school to make sure haha. I wasn't anxious before noon, being pretty sure that I've matched - I guess the late email uncovered exactly how thin my veneer of confidence was. I won't lie. I was starting to freak out.

I did...and you can't. That was bad information.

They will only give out the location of your partner in the couples match if you didn't match.
Well it worked in years past. You would call and tell them you matched advanced and not intern year and they tell you the city so you can try to geographically target your SOAP

Well it worked in years past. You would call and tell them you matched advanced and not intern year and they tell you the city so you can try to geographically target your SOAP

I did exactly that and I had a lady tell me "Tough titty said the kitty, when the milks all gone."

If you match prelim but not advanced, do you still get a match email? Or a partial match email?

how do we find out which specific programs are unfilled?

Go to NRMP R3. Listing unmatched programs without written consent by NRMP is copywrite infringement.

I remember this feeling 3 years ago. Even with more than enough interviews, applying to a notably competitive specialty had me nervously sitting by my computer that Monday. Noon came and went, and I was getting a bit nervous. At precisely 12:03, the email arrived in my inbox, notifying me that I matched.

The first thing that popped into my head was "well f*ck, of course I matched, what's wrong with me that I even doubted it?" Then I went out and had a few beers with my classmates.

Four days later I found out I matched into my #1 TY and #1 Derm spot. Looking back, that was an amazing week.

Yep. This happened.

Now all I need is that #1 spot! I know I'll be happy anywhere but there's a huge difference between my #1 and any of my other ranks.

Thanks GuyWhoDoesStuff

Reactions: 2 users