Countdown to October 15th...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, exactly what I thought.

The class isn't close to full if they're still sending out acceptances past that date. Yes I know they over accept. I was just pointing out that it would be unforeseen to hear a rejection or waitlist status vs just silence.

Carry on then.

I completely understand what your saying.

It depends on what you consider "close" to full. What I was saying is that school dependent, schools may or may not be (necessarily!) close to full, but it is not necessarily correlated to whether they give out acceptances only, and wait lists later. It depends on their current cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I completely understand what your saying.

It depends on what you consider "close" to full. What I was saying is that school dependent, schools may or may not be (necessarily!) close to full, but it is not necessarily correlated to whether they give out acceptances only, and wait lists later. It depends on their current cycle.

Schools might have given out a large % of interviews by october 15th, but the classes aren't full at the majority of places. I think some might be close but that would be a rarity. I think gyngyn was mentioning that their cali school is getting to that point.

2 of the schools I will be hearing from in the next 24 hours give a decision to you on the 15th. Accept, reject, or waitlist/acceptable list. It is strange but it is nice to know where I stand so I can adjust my interviewing approach for upcoming interviews.

Heh. Interesting!

Schools might have given out a large % of interviews by october 15th, but the classes aren't full at the majority of places. I think some might be close but that would be a rarity. I think gyngyn was mentioning that their cali school is getting to that point.

Sure, I believe it. The moral, I guess, is that I wouldn't discount the possibility of a wait list being given out on the 15th due to our place in the cycle. Two of my schools told us that wait list would be an option.

Either way, good luck, and I hope you don't have to worry about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say the class isn't even close to full. Depending on the school and number of interviewees they've seen, they might have a good amount of acceptances to offer, especially this year with so many early applicants.

Plus, schools over-accept a number of applicants.

If they have many more interviews, chances are they have room to wait-list people.

Of course, school dependent.
Why would it be any different this year? Even if they were more early applicants, that doesn't mean there's now more early interview slots.

Why would it be any different this year? Even if they were more early applicants, that doesn't mean there's now more early interview slots.

My statement was in regards to holding off on wait-listing people.

My statement was in regards to holding off on wait-listing people.
I'm talking about how you said that schools will have a good amount of acceptances to offer, especially this year. Why would they have more acceptances to offer this year at this point compared to other years?

Last edited:
I'm talking about how you said that schools will have a good amount of acceptances to offer, especially this year. Why they have more acceptances to offer this year at this point compared to other year's?

Well, to be honest, we can't say schools either have or haven't interviewed more people already, as a general statement. Some schools I interviewed at told me they had already interviewed more, and made more dates.

I'm talking about how you said that schools will have a good amount of acceptances to offer, especially this year. Why they have more acceptances to offer this year at this point compared to other year's?

Theoretically more early apps and more applications means that students could have more acceptances and 'shop around' earlier. I think it just means that they might pull more from WL though.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, if your interviews were one of the first couple, I think you can count on getting a status on being accepted/waitlisted- if the 15th of October is that particular school's first date of handing out acceptances and not later. If you were interviewed in the end of September or beginning of October, I'm going to assume that they won't be giving those people calls on the 15th, rather a couple weeks out from that- that's also assuming you weren't one of the first interview slots. After looking at one of my schools of interest I realized that there was little mention of being waitlisted from people in the first interview slots, and a lot of acceptance calls listed on the 15th for that early interview group. Then the next stream of updates came within a couple weeks for people interviewed at the end of September/beginning of October- both waitlists and acceptances mentioned. So anyone in that first group of people interviewed just didn't want to post anything about waitlists, and really it's not a fun thing to post so who can blame them.

So basically I'm saying, at least for some schools, that if you were an early interview, you should either already know you were waitlisted, or you will find out on the 15th one way or another. And of course, nothing is standard for all schools, making this whole post of mine, irrelevant in many cases, and once again I am just a bumbling idiot in the psychological game of medical school admissions.

Reactions: 3 users
Also, if your interviews were one of the first couple, I think you can count on getting a status on being accepted/waitlisted- if the 15th of October is that particular school's first date of handing out acceptances and not later. If you were interviewed in the end of September or beginning of October, I'm going to assume that they won't be giving those people calls on the 15th, rather a couple weeks out from that- that's also assuming you weren't one of the first interview slots. After looking at one of my schools of interest I realized that there was little mention of being waitlisted from people in the first interview slots, and a lot of acceptance calls listed on the 15th for that early interview group. Then the next stream of updates came within a couple weeks for people interviewed at the end of September/beginning of October- both waitlists and acceptances mentioned. So anyone in that first group of people interviewed just didn't want to post anything about waitlists, and really it's not a fun thing to post so who can blame them.

So basically I'm saying, at least for some schools, that if you were an early interview, you should either already know you were waitlisted, or you will find out on the 15th one way or another. And of course, nothing is standard for all schools, making this whole post of mine, irrelevant in many cases, and once again I am just a bumbling idiot in the psychological game of medical school admissions.

Hehe, good points, except the idiot part :)

We'll find out soon!

Theoretically more early apps and more applications means that students could have more acceptances and 'shop around' earlier. I think it just means that they might pull more from WL though.
My point is that more early applications does not mean more early interview slots. Sure, I'm sure some schools may have unexpectedly added dates, but there's also logistics issues with that, and I doubt everyone did that.

Long shot here...
but does anyone have a list of schools who have historically released decisions at 12AM?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
My point is that more early applications does not mean more early interview slots. Sure, I'm sure some schools may have unexpectedly added dates, but there's also logistics issues with that, and I doubt everyone did that.

Fair enough.

I guess it just ends up meaning that they're booking interviews further out.

Last edited:
:xf::luck: Tomorrow's the big day! Best of luck to all! :luck::xf:

Reactions: 4 users
Less than one day! Who else is going to be interviewing tomorrow (while also waiting for news)?

Buffalo already moved! Things just got very, very real...

Less than one day! Who else is going to be interviewing tomorrow (while also waiting for news)?

Woooo good luck! I wonder how many folks are going to be furtively peeking at their phone at your interview tomorrow...

I have to clock a few hours in at work, go to a friend's going away party, and then book it on over to my redeye flight – all while resisting the temptation not to compulsively check my email.

Hope everyone in this thread will shortly be receiving some very, very good news! And best wishes to those still awaiting their first interviews and/or distant admissions dates! :luck:

Buffalo already moved! Things just got very, very real...

Woooo good luck! I wonder how many folks are going to be furtively peeking at their phone at your interview tomorrow...

I have to clock a few hours in at work, go to a friend's going away party, and then book it on over to my redeye flight – all while resisting the temptation not to compulsively check my email.

Hope everyone in this thread will shortly be receiving some very, very good news! And best wishes to those still awaiting their first interviews and/or distant admissions dates! :luck:

I'm confused... So 10/15 isn't a hard rule?

I won't check email until tomorrow evening just so It won't interfere with my day in case it's not good news.

Reactions: 1 users
So does 15th only concern people who have already interviewed? Or would a mass of rejections/holds be sent out from schools that we haven't interviewed at yet?

So does 15th only concern people who have already interviewed? Or would a mass of rejections/holds be sent out from schools that we haven't interviewed at yet?

It's the first date acceptances can be sent out. I don't think it has anything to do with mass rejections or holds.

It is absolutely supposed to be, it's in the AAMC Traffic Rules.

SUNY Buffalo might be setting themselves up for a censure by the AAMC.

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

Well so far it was just one person saying they were accepted and a bunch of wait-lists, so maybe the one acceptance isn't true or they misread the WL email? I hope it wasn't a mistake by some secretary in the admissions office and now he/she will get in trouble or something...

Reactions: 2 users
original_Ax8a_1efc00001dae1191.gif

did I???? I did????? did I???????

I wonder if they will leave a message if they don't reach you. I'll be on a plane to an interview and will most likely miss it if they call. Hmm... So nervous/excited!

I wonder if they will leave a message if they don't reach you. I'll be on a plane to an interview and will most likely miss it if they call. Hmm... So nervous/excited!
I think they do usually leave messages...I hope so, since I'll be on a plane too!

You know, I wonder the admission staff/dean will get special insurance covering their work related hearing damage. God forbid if I ever get an offer call from my dream school, the person on the phone would go deaf.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't even know if my school calls. I think it's just email!?

I won't check email until tomorrow evening just so It won't interfere with my day in case it's not good news.

With as many interviews as you have I would be shocked if you didn't here ANY good news tomorrow ;)!

I'll be sure to check back here at midnight with some popcorn, I love reading people's acceptance stories.

With as many interviews as you have I would be shocked if you didn't here ANY good news tomorrow ;)!

I'll be sure to check back here at midnight with some popcorn, I love reading people's acceptance stories.

Most of my interviews have been non-rolling/ decisions come out December/January or March. I should hear back from 2 rolling schools tomorrow though while I interview at another school lol. Don't wanna check email to avoid any not-good news messing up my interview. Either way I'll post back in the evening with my outcome.

Let's go Michigan!! Give me some good news!

Waiting on ECU, WVU, and UNC! I have high hopes for the rest of y'all too!

C'mon Colorado, Jefferson and Tulane!!

Be careful when traveling by air with a cold these days...might trigger some alarm~~
Haha it's okay. This time I just drove to get to MU-Columbia. And I don't foresee any flights in my immediate future, so no Ebola bullcrap for me lol.

Also waiting on UCSD, USC, maybe Mt. Sinai, UVA on thursday! it's gonna be a big week!

I am confused, AMCAS traffic rules (#3) say "after the 15th". Seems like after the 15th has some wiggle room (?). I see some schools, in 2013, went on the 15th (UF) and then others on the 16th at 2 AM (Case Western) - but now even CW adcom twitter feeds says 15th is the first day.

I think Mt. Sinai doesn't come out until November 1st if I'm not mistaken.
Really? I though they said sometime in October. I could very well be mistaken though. I interviewed there on first day so I hope the don't make us wait until November. That would be some serious weaksauce.

@soccerusa

I interviewed there the first week too and I believe they said possibly, but most likely close to november 1st. On the MSAR it lists November 1st as the first release date. I'd be supper happy for it to be tomorrow though.

Also waiting on UCSD, USC, maybe Mt. Sinai, UVA on thursday! it's gonna be a big week!

@soccerusa

I interviewed there the first week too and I believe they said possibly, but most likely close to november 1st. On the MSAR it lists November 1st as the first release date. I'd be supper happy for it to be tomorrow though.

I remember my Sinai interview (also first week) said "sometime in October." Last year decisions came out on the 31st, but other people who interviewed late-Sept of this year reported in the thread that we could hear as early as the 15th "if they work some magic."

In other words, we'll know when we get an e-mail... whenever that may be. :scared: If they do come out Nov 1st/Oct 31st, I'm in for two very restless weeks.

Good luck! :luck: You guys are bound to get some very, very good news with such a laundry list of awesome schools! I think I'm with y'all in the USC and UVA boat.

Good luck everyone!!! Tomorrow I'll hear from MCW, Thursday I might hear from Rochester, and Friday I'll hear from Brown! I'm so excited!! I should hear from several others in the next few weeks too so really, this is just the beginning. It's all happening ahhh!! both thrilling and terrifying! :)

Good luck everyone!!! Tomorrow I'll hear from MCW, Thursday I might hear from Rochester, and Friday I'll hear from Brown! I'm so excited!! I should hear from several others in the next few weeks too so really, this is just the beginning. It's all happening ahhh!! both thrilling and terrifying! :)
Hmm. You seem to be forgetting one HUGE one you could hear from tomorrow ;)

I won't hear until later this month/early next month, but the excitement here is getting me all giddy by proxy :O

DEAR TIME WOULD YOU PLEASE SLIP FASTER???
original_Tyo4_4b7400006b03125d.gif

Seriously!!!!! FASTER!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users