Countdown until December 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVKE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
38 days until December 1st!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
bla_1480568400.png

I'm in with you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Assume a school will send acceptances out at midnight of December 1st. What time zone are they going by? Like if NYU accepts an applicant from California, will the applicant get the acceptance at 9 PM on November 30th because midnight for EST is 9 PM for PST? Or is it standardized across the country somehow? This may be a stupid question, but I am genuinely curious lol

Assume a school will send acceptances out at midnight of December 1st. What time zone are they going by? Like if NYU accepts an applicant from California, will the applicant get the acceptance at 9 PM on November 30th because midnight for EST is 9 PM for PST? Or is it standardized across the country somehow? This may be a stupid question, but I am genuinely curious lol

I had a friend from the east coast who was in Hawaii at acceptance time last year. He found out at dinner on November 30th!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm assuming is it standardized with EST

Only about 6 weeks away...

41 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes, and 40 seconds to go!

Reactions: 1 user
It's going to be here before we know it!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm already going crazy... dreamed of getting accepted into Harvard last night when I did not even apply there haha

Reactions: 13 users
bla_1480568400.png

It's supposed to update to 41 days, 11 hours not sure why it won't. It'd be nice if we had a ticking clock in here

I'm constantly reminding myself to focus on class and not on which schools want to accept me...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm already going crazy... dreamed of getting accepted into Harvard last night when I did not even apply there haha
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Last night I dreamed I got an interview from Marquette... didn't apply there lol

What's your DREAM school?
Hm, tough question. I can't say for sure yet, since I still have to interview at Maryland and Columbia. I'll decide after them. From what I've seen, Michigan is very impressive for their diverse opportunities during your education. However, if I don't choose HPSP, Southern Illinois would be a great financial deal, and the clinical exposure is top notch considering their lack of specialty programs taking complex cases.

How about you?

since I still have to interview at Maryland and Columbia

Both programs are UNBELIEVABLY awesome. I'm talking OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD amazing. You'll be blown away at your interview.

How about you?

I have friends in multiple dental schools here on SDN who know who I am...I'd get in trouble with them if I picked a favorite that is different than their school ;). Therefore, I cannot publicly state my top choice.

This thread makes me nervous

Reactions: 4 users
Both programs are UNBELIEVABLY awesome. I'm talking OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD amazing. You'll be blown away at your interview.

I have friends in multiple dental schools here on SDN who know who I am...I'd get in trouble with them if I picked a favorite that is different than their school ;). Therefore, I cannot publicly state my top choice.
Awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to those trips.

Fair enough, wouldn't want any trouble here!

It'll be here before you know it..

This thread really makes me nervous. Still have 2 more interviews left.. :scared:

is it possible a person who interviewed at 6 schools (include instate and outstate) and was not accepted into any of them? heard such cases? just wondering!

is it possible a person who interviewed at 6 schools (include instate and outstate) and was not accepted into any of them? heard such cases? just wondering!

I heard of a case where someone had 7 interviews and 0 acceptances. I didn't know the person, but I think you would have to either answer terribly or be extremely socially awkward. I also have 6 interviews and am still nervous lol

I heard of a case where someone had 7 interviews and 0 acceptances. I didn't know the person, but I think you would have to either answer terribly or be extremely socially awkward. I also have 6 interviews and am still nervous lol
Gurlll you'd really be freaking out if you had two then ahah but I guess that was expected for me since I applied so late lol:(

Sometimes I day dream while I'm going to school about being accepted on Dec. 1st and celebrating.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else really like all the schools or most of the ones they've been to so far? Part of me hopes for multiple acceptances, but another part thinks that if just one school takes me then my decision is easy...

I'm going to feel bad turning a school down if I'm given the chance.

Anyone else really like all the schools or most of the ones they've been to so far? Part of me hopes for multiple acceptances, but another part thinks that if just one school takes me then my decision is easy...

I'm going to feel bad turning a school down if I'm given the chance.

I also like all the schools I've interviewed at, just not the prices.:laugh:

I felt pretty confident about most of my interviews, so I'm mostly eager to see where (if) I get accepted. December 1st should be a day we all look forward to!

I also like all the schools I've interviewed at, just not the prices.:laugh:
Yeah, once you look at the cost of attendance sheets they give you things get serious quick. For some reason, a lot of the other applicants at interviews never seem bothered when I bring prices up.

a lot of the other applicants at interviews never seem bothered when I bring prices up.
I felt the same. I think many of them think they will be printing money when they become a dentist even after schooling through private schools

Anyone here doing the HPSP?

I felt the same. I think many of them think they will be printing money when they become a dentist even after schooling through private schools
Yeah I was amazed at the lack of concern. I kept asking the student panels how they felt about managing their debt, and everyone else seemed so disinterested.

Maybe they do just think they'll be crazy rich right out of school? Alternatively, maybe SDN is being a bunch of doomsayers, but the numbers speak for themselves...

Yeah I was amazed at the lack of concern. I kept asking the student panels how they felt about managing their debt, and everyone else seemed so disinterested.

Maybe they do just think they'll be crazy rich right out of school? Alternatively, maybe SDN is being a bunch of doomsayers, but the numbers speak for themselves...
I think usually active SDNers excel over other non-SDNer students. SDNers are well aware of what is awaiting for them in the future. Seriously, SDN really saved me a lot from troubles and I will definitely donate when I make some money

One of the dentists I work with was saying to go to the cheapest school and don't take out big student loans. Then again he recently graduated and got married (went all out for the wedding) and opened a practice of his own. So perhaps he's just warning me to not make similar mistakes and just be business savy once you graduate. I've heard some recent graduates really buckle down after graduation and pay them off in a few years so its possible.

I asked a dental student at a school that charges 420k (even more for incoming D1s) if she was at all worried about her debt. She said no not at all, because a friend of hers got a job down in NM paying 250k/year. I just nodded, said okay, and continued eating my lunch, lol.

Reactions: 11 users
I asked a dental student at a school that charges 420k (even more for incoming D1s) if she was at all worried about her debt. She said no not at all, because a friend of hers got a job down in NM paying 250k/year. I just nodded, said okay, and continued eating my lunch, lol.

Oh this sounds like fun.

Going to interview at a private school. I'll be asking the D4s this question.

I think usually active SDNers excel over other non-SDNer students. SDNers are well aware of what is awaiting for them in the future. Seriously, SDN really saved me a lot from troubles and I will definitely donate when I make some money
I would definitely agree there. Most of the people on here seem to have a really good understanding of their options and the application process.

I'm actually pretty excited and nervous for December 1st. Luckily I still have zero more interviews coming up to keep my mind occupied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
So if a school accepts you on December 1st... how long do you have to reply to them? Does it vary by school, or is it standardized?

So if a school accepts you on December 1st... how long do you have to reply to them? Does it vary by school, or is it standardized?
ADEA Traffic Rules state that if you're "given a provisional or final acceptance between December 1 and January 31, the minimum response period shall be thirty days, and for applicants accepted on or after February 1, the minimum response period may be reduced to fifteen days".

We have broken the 40 day barrier!!!!

ONLY 39 DAYS, 23 HOURS, 23 MINUTES, AND 10 SECONDS TO GO!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
It depends on the school. UMKC starts calling December 1st at 7:30am (Kansas City time)

I've been pretty good about staying off of this forum for the sake of my anxiety...I COME BACK TO SEE THIS?!?!?!?

Reactions: 5 users
Roughly 5 weeks to go....oh boy.

Nearing the 30 day mark!

Bump Bump Bump

Hard to believe in just 5 weeks our lives will change forever!